Missing on cold start up

hwork1

TDI
2002 Bug TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2013 Touareg TDI, 2001 Cummins, 2006 Cummins, 2013 f250, 2015 Duramax, 2018 f250
I have a 2000 jetta with 120,000 on it. Just had the timing belt, h2o pump and all the belts replaced and I still am having a bad miss on cold start ups. As soon as she gets warmed up it goes away and all starts the rest of the day are usually fine, it is just after it sits over night. The temp really has no effect, just time. Where do you guys think I need to start? I have a vag-com and the timing is right on. Thanks for your help

HW

hwork1

TDI
2002 Bug TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2013 Touareg TDI, 2001 Cummins, 2006 Cummins, 2013 f250, 2015 Duramax, 2018 f250
puter said:
are there any bubbles in your fuel line?
Checked that, not to much air. I am not that good with the vag-com so I am going to step out there and try the hammer trick, if not I will go for the injectors, only thing it I need to know how to get the injectors out of there. I will do some searching and find out cause I know it has to be on this fourm, you guys/gals are great.

HW

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
jetta said:
It looks like is time for your injectors nozzles replacement.I had same problem and when I replace nozzles it was gone.
I think this is jumping to an expensive conclusion...

What if it's something else (many things cause similar symptoms) and he spends $300 on new nozzles?

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
jetta said:
They recommend to do them every 100k,he got 120k.
ok, and what happens if he replaces them and it turns out they were fine and there was something else wrong?

Personally, I would rather figure out what is wrong, and fix that...rather than just throwing parts at the problem.

Also, the injectors would have to be really bad for him to have the issues described. Personally, I think it is too soon to be replacing the injectors..and I don't think the number of miles on them is necessarily a definite indication that they are the issue.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying there are other things to look at first that are much less expensive.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
puter said:
ok, and what happens if he replaces them and it turns out they were fine and there was something else wrong?

Personally, I would rather figure out what is wrong, and fix that...rather than just throwing parts at the problem.

Also, the injectors would have to be really bad for him to have the issues described. Personally, I think it is too soon to be replacing the injectors..and I don't think the number of miles on them is necessarily a definite indication that they are the issue.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying there are other things to look at first that are much less expensive.
My injectors had 117k on it, and pressure on 2 of them was 175/250 bars, and 2 of them had 200/350 bars.
They need to be 220/300 bars.
I just say it looks like this is problem ,but he can take them out and check pressure.

Last edited: