Done deal! Thanks for the info & hand-holding.

jplrk

TDI
2015 Golf
After spending a long while ignoring Dieselgate, I was nudged into facing reality with the "deadline looming" email from VW. This forum was my #1 resource for figuring out what to do, and when & how. Seriously, if I hadn't come across this site, I'd likely still be in procrastination mode, with the clock ticking. Huge thanks to all for the masses of info offered here.

Parting on Monday with my 2015 Golf TDI S was a sweet sorrow. That car saw me through some rough years. Buyback appointment took all of 20 minutes or so; everything went as expected based on what I'd read here. Another 20 minutes later, I left in my new 2018 Golf TSI SE. (Takeaway so far on that car: "Eh, it's fine.")

Received my email from Chase 24 hours after my buyback. Providing that info was a cinch and funds were deposited into my non-Chase account almost immediately ~ even before my check to the dealer for the new car went through. Done deal, over & out!

~ Colleen

cyclopropene

TDI
12 Golf DSG (Bought Back 12-12-18)
I dropped my 12 Golf off this afternoon. It has served me well, almost 5 years and 100,000 trouble free miles averaging about 39 mpg overall in mixed highway/traffic jam, and I got back more than I paid for it CPO in early 2014. I will miss it. I hope they fix it and sell it (and don't crush it), but with 127k it now needs tires, brakes, timing belt, DSG flush, and has a slow coolant leak. I'll keep an eye on the VIN...

I am now driving a 16 Golf TSI SE, CPO with 19k, midnight blue, which so far I like except for the automatic transmission I'm still adjusting to. OTD price was a few thousand less than my buyback amount, so I am satisfied.

Thanks, everyone, it's been a good time here...

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yeah, it pains me that my '11 golf with 175k miles will be headed to the crusher after I turn it in on the 28th. Best car I've ever owned. Oh well, nothing lasts forever.