Tickling noise when engine cold

monte0682

TDI
VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI
Hello, I am new to here. I have a question. I hear some ticking noise when I start my Tiguan 2.0 TDI. When I change gears (1-3) and accelerate I hear the ticking. After 5-6 minutes of driving, and then the engine is warm (oil is +55 degrees ) the ticking stops. I did the scan with VCDS and nothing comes on? Can someone suggest what to do? Thank you very much.

piotrsko

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf, 2000 F-250 (7.3)
The things that could "tick" when cold are on a very long list. Start by listening to where they are coming from, like front of engine, under car, wherever then report back..

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
You'll get more traffic in one of the model specific forums.
forums.tdiclub.com

k_pt

Veteran Member
TDI
VW MKIV TDI
Hello, I am new to here. I have a question. I hear some ticking noise when I start my Tiguan 2.0 TDI. When I change gears (1-3) and accelerate I hear the ticking. After 5-6 minutes of driving, and then the engine is warm (oil is +55 degrees ) the ticking stops. I did the scan with VCDS and nothing comes on? Can someone suggest what to do? Thank you very much.
Is the engine common rail or pump duse?

Maybe video could help us help you

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
What did you expect to find with a scan? VCDS can't report on things it cannot see.

Any idea what year, engine code and mileage your Tiggy is? What oil have you been using?

Last edited: