Diesel Liqui Moly Purge

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon

Jacobmarley

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sedan
Okay cool, that’s an easy enough fix. I appreciate the info. What is the easiest way to find out which ECU software I have?

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
Okay cool, that’s an easy enough fix. I appreciate the info. What is the easiest way to find out which ECU software I have?
Quick google search brings up a LOT of threads on this topic, here's one to get you started... 😄

Jacobmarley

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sedan
If I put in 7v glow plugs and I have the 5v system, will this hurt anything or just continue to start hard in the cold? I have no way of checking if the car has the newest update.

Billybobsahoosier

TDI
2) 2013 TDI sportwagen, 1 DSG and one Manual
The liquimoly diesel purge was a tune up in a bottle for old injection pump-pop injector Mercedes’ diesels. The common method was to change fuel filters, disconnect both supply line and return line and set up a few bottles of the purge stuff in a temporary fuel tank and let the engine run on just purge then changes the canister fuel filter again. The stuff coming out of the return lines would be black and nasty and by the time you got to the end any rough idling or other issues that could were caused by sludge in the injection pump or injectors would be resolved. If it didn’t fix the issue then I’d start chasing mechanical issues.