Golf 7.5 Gtd Power Increase

DeadSmack

TDI
Golf GTD mk 7.5 18
So I was told to come here from VWVortex, hope we can get some results here. What I'm looking for is to know what parts/models to use or from what cars can I get the parts in order to achieve what I want. Thank you all, will just past my post.

about 9 hours ago · #1
Hello all, I'm new here. Some friends recommend me this forum and I decided to join to gather and share some info. Last year I got this brand-new golf gtd and despite it being a good car i feel some lack of power for it's price (50k € in my country), so I'm trying to get some info on what to change to get my desired bhp.
So to start off, I got it custom remaped with 220 bhp, removed the particles filter and will next week change the remap to the current modifications. But I'm aiming for 300 bhp at least, and what I have in my mind is
* change the turbo
* change the air intake
* get an intercooler
* change the fuel pump
* change the oil pump
* maybe replace the injectors?

So what do you guys think, and what should I do, with what parts? For the turbo some people said the gtb2260 but I'm afraid that it's an old turbo and I will not benefit the most from it.

Thank you for the help, will post some pictures of it later.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
check out darkside, they have more experience with big power builds.

Who ever tuned the car for the DPF delete should also help with sourcing a larger turbo and bits to get you to the power goals.

DeadSmack

TDI
Golf GTD mk 7.5 18
I was looking for more specific info, I think I know the basics to get the output, but not sure on what exact parts. Models, brands etc.

The guys behind it so far, have never build one so they know almost the same as I do, it's kinda new for us. And all I can do is rechearch and get some ideias with people that already made things like this.

Glad for the help so far, will look at darkisde. Thank you

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
If you have some patience next weekend we test a big fuel pump on the latest GTD 184hp. The CP3 kit is plug and play ready to be installed. We are gonna go for 230+hp on stock turbo.

Injectors are enough for 300hp, you dont need to change them.

We are also testing in Italy a setup on another gtd 7 with big turbo and big pump. Goal is 300+hp

DeadSmack

TDI
Golf GTD mk 7.5 18
Oh, that would be really good to see. For the turbo I'm aiming for the GTD2872VRK kit that darkside sell, but I'm also inclined to change the fuel pump aswell.
For the intercooler, since it doesn't have a conventional one, I'm thinking on adapt one, any recommendations for it?
BTW my English can be a little tricky since I think in my language and try to translate it to English so some sentences might not make much sense. Sorry for that.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I really dont see the point in spending that much money on that turbo for a daily driven car. Or are you aiming to build a 450+hp drag car?
Realistically speaking a 2263 hybrid is more than what your injectors can do. Going huge turbo is useless and counter productive.

On the other hand, is your tuner capable of tuning high power CR? Because its not as easy as it seems.

DeadSmack

TDI
Golf GTD mk 7.5 18
So it means I can reach the 300 bhp with a 2263vk without changing the injectors? As I said I got no clue on the power that this engine can produce.
It's meant to be daily driven yes, but occasionally me and my friends go for a track day. Not intended to do drag races or any of that. Just to personal pleasure for sure.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'd fight the urge to go huge. gtb2260 or gtd2060 would be good choices. A huge turbo will make for a very laggy, sluggish throttle response car. Not very nice in a daily driver.

DeadSmack

TDI
Golf GTD mk 7.5 18
@Macradiators.com didn't saw the 2nd part of the post, yeah I believe he's capable of tune it. In the other hand he usually works with bigger engines but I think he can handle. It is worth a try.

@turbobrick240 but can't we just reduce the lag gap by increasing the fuel admission? But maybe that will make too much smoke for a daily I see the point.

Always nice to get other people ideas, I'm so greatful for all this help. Thank you

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
but occasionally me and my friends go for a track day. Not intended to do drag races or any of that. Just to personal pleasure for sure.
Don't mean any disrespect....but generally track day doesn't include a bunch of passengers.....

DeadSmack

TDI
Golf GTD mk 7.5 18
Oh, not at all. When I said me and my friends I mean me in my car and they with theirs. Sorry if my English isn't that good.