05 TDI 5 speed swap. Need help with fluid!

TokenRednek

TDI
05 Passat TDI
i have an 05 B5.5 TDI that i am 5 speed swapping. I need help in choosing the right fluids.

My first question is, there are 2 separate places for fluid on this trans? and do they take different types?

next question is. when i got the trans, from FRANS in the netherlands, it was shipped and had no oil in the case. but i didnt check the diff area. would there still be fluid in there? or do i need to add something in there?

Frans

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Golf MK2 TDI
There is only one filler hole.

We tested a lot of gearbox fluids available for the european market. There is not a single fluid that works a good as the oem stuff. Unfortunately the oem stuff doesn't come cheap:(.

A2VR6

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI
I did the 5 speed swap about 60k miles ago and i used the Valvoline sunchromesh manual transmission fluid and i am very happy with it.

MagnumVW

TDI
2001 Golf TDI 200k
I really love the Liqui Moly 20012 SAE 75W-90 GL-4 Gear Oil in my 5spd. I tried Redline MTL first but it didn't feel very good vs this Liqui Moly stuff. Pretty good price for it on Amazon too.

y22man

Veteran Member
I just finished my swap in December. We had a cold snap in slc where the high during the week were mid 20's. I put in Fuchs Titan sintofluid 75w80 and I have no complaints so far.

Jay