Cruze update

jettad

TDI
2012 jetta
after over 13,000 miles Have had only one issue with this car, a sensor in the DEF system was bad other than that "O" problems. I am averaging 52-54 mpg. I live in Central SC which is fairly flat and around here I get mostly 54 and when I go to Western NC it drops to 50-52. This area is vey hilly to mountainous. I made a few trips to PA driving through NC and VA which is very hilly and still averaged over 50. I drove straight through last trip non stop 640 miles an still had almost 1/4 tank of fuel left. 700 miles on a tank is very doable (13.5 gal tank) There are times that the mpg in dash indicator will read over 60 mpg but is not sustainable. I do not use the mpg calculator to figure mileage, I do the math by filling to the top recording miles between fillups. Very happy with the car in every way except one and it has nothing to do with the mechanics of the car. The only ting I dislike is the hood is so low it is hard to judge distance when parking.

thorp

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI, 2010 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the update Jettad. I drove a 2018 automatic about 6 months ago and thought it drove very nicely.

vwgtiglx

TDI
2014 2.0 TD Chevy Cruze
I love my Gen. 1 Cruze TD as well. Not getting as high MPG as you, but I do have a larger tank and a 2.0 engine vs 1.5.

soldierguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI S DSG
That's good to know. With the number of miles I put on cars (approx 5,000 miles per month), the Cruze Diesel is very appealing to me. I'd probably have searched one out, but I stumbled across a fantastic deal on a fixed '15 Jetta TDI that I just couldn't pass up.

Is yours the manual or automatic? I test drove an automatic and liked it, although with 9 speeds, I felt like it was constantly shifting in suburban driving.