www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

View Poll Results: Would a GTG June 7th or 8th work for everyone?
June 7 4 80.00%
June 8 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 7th, 2012, 19:27   #1681
DCELL
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44mpg ave

Pappy- Hate to say but that sounds DMF-ish. I'd be happy to put it up in the air and give a listen to the underside, but unfortunately that's what it sounds like to me....
Old March 8th, 2012, 14:29   #1682
wiltech
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 01 Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCELL View Post
Pappy- Hate to say but that sounds DMF-ish. I'd be happy to put it up in the air and give a listen to the underside, but unfortunately that's what it sounds like to me....
When he says he'll " put it up in the air" he ain't kidding !!!

That little lift he has in the garage is sweet!
wiltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 08:13   #1683
PappyD

Default Clutch work

I'm looking for recommendations for shops, etc, to do the replacement clutch job. Preferably I'd like to buy a kit from idparts (or other forum vendors) and have the labor done locally. Probably a sb or luk smf.

I have a couple of feelers out to local shops. Nothing so far that isn't $$
Suggestions?
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:14   #1684
concord206

Pappy: First off 165,000 on the Stock clutch and I thought I was doing well with 90,000! as far as shops I have used Superior auto in Carmel. I have used them for gas and diesel VW's, diesel A3 and our Lotus. Superior has been willing to use part kits I bring to them, however no warranty. With all of this being said do we have any local guys wiling to do TB jobs? Im not quite there yet but it's time to start thinking about it. DCELL is this something your willing to take on?

With as nice as it's going to be today if anyone is looking for something to do this morning One of the first Cars & Coffee of the year will be going on from 10:30am to noonish. 96th and meridian buy mc D. Lots of cool cars to look at and did I say free!

Last edited by concord206; March 10th, 2012 at 07:25.
concord206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 08:55   #1685
DCELL
Veteran Member

concord- Dang it! Why do I always miss these things! Methinks I might cruise over with my bike next weekend if the weather is nice, but today I'm headed to N. Indiana for a family-in-law event. I've been talking to pappy via PM, and unfortunately, although I physically could do the clutch for him, I just don't have the time or the proper lifting equipment to do it without potential injury to my back!
Old March 10th, 2012, 13:44   #1686
PappyD

Thanks Concord- I'll check out Superior Auto.

Went to "my" shop this am. (Marathon Station at 116 and Rangeline) Good group, easy to work with, etc. Lots of head scratchin' as in "ya-sounds like a flywheel...might last another year or so...or might break apart real soon..hard to tell"..Not real excited about using a kit outside of their normal sources... that's why that Superior Auto sounds good.

Old March 10th, 2012, 14:23   #1687
lsargent1

Fuel Economy: 42 mpg
Default Hello Indianapolis

Hello, all you down there in Indy, Read many post of you trying to gather together tdi owners. Seems that too many people are too busy, or just a bit lazy when it comes to travel for a club. I was in a miata club until I sold the Miata, they have events, tailgate parties, and tours. But then the miata is not a Turbo Diesel. I have been sand bagging this Forums for about two years and just joined up officially. I order parts from the TDI Parts and have learned much from these Forums. I know I saved me 1500.00 this week thanks to the site. Looking forward to finding time to meet others soon.

Larry
Old March 13th, 2012, 16:06   #1688
concord206

I'm starting to think it's time for a GTG. Yats in Fishers has been strong contender in the past. Just throwing it out there for everyone to chew on.
Old March 13th, 2012, 17:25   #1689
peace_of_soul

Fuel Economy: 47

LSargent, Thanks for reintroducing the idea of a get-together. While I second the motion, so to speak, the baby is due any day now and I tend to work on Saturdays, making my possibility to attend chancy for a bit. I will keep checking this forum, though.
Old March 14th, 2012, 19:23   #1690
Catmandew

Anyone have a recommendation for a shop to recharge the AC. It was not very cold today with today's 80 degrees temps.
Catmandew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 20:08   #1691
DCELL
Veteran Member

AC is pretty straight forward, any shop with a evac/ charge machine should be able to do it. Others might disagree, but I think it would be hard for even carX to mess up! should run less than $100! I love it when it's almost 80. I got some sun today, and did two small roof jobs without breaking a sweat! breeze has been nice the last couple days too!

Peace of Soul-
We can use "welcoming your new baby" into the world as an excuse for a GTG, automotively speaking, of course.

Last edited by DCELL; March 14th, 2012 at 20:16.
DCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 20:42   #1692
DCELL
Veteran Member

~~~EVERYONE~~~
WHO WANTS TO GTG AT MY HOUSE???
WHEN???
I've done it in the past, several of you know where I live anyway, and my wife says it's OK as long as it's a Sunday afternoon. So might as well make it official!If we leave Easter Sunday out of the equation, and we don't plan on next weekend, that leaves us with March 25th, April 1st (fools day), and April 15th. Do any of those dates appeal to anyone?? For those that don't know, Noblesville is North East of INDY, but I'm easy to find!
What I've done in the past is opened the garage to whatever you want to work on and opened my grill for whatever you want to grill. BYO whatever you want. I'll probably have some burgers, brats, fixin's, etc. Y'all can talk amongst yourselves and decide what you want to do! All are officially invited, I'd just like to be informed as to who is interested (call it an RSVP or whatever...), I can only park so many cars in the yard, you know!
Old March 15th, 2012, 07:24   #1693
gunselman
Veteran Member

I am up for a GTG in Noblesville. I will come up from Broad Ripple.
gunselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 14:51   #1694
wiltech
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 01 Beetle

I'm up for a GTG at dcell's now that I know how to get there

Maybe later this summer I can host one up in lafayette, for those willing to make the drive. (after I get my shop cleared out)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
wiltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 16:25   #1695
peace_of_soul

Fuel Economy: 47

DCell, thanks for hosting.

Could we do either the 1st or the 15th? We can't make the 25th. Then, we can bring both babies.