Flashing glow plug light and rear bake light problem

salem

TDI
2002 jetta
I have a flashing glow plug light and the 3rd brake light in the window is on dim. Could this be a brake light switch problem? 2000 jetta tdi
and one other question when I open the driver door the dome light does not come on but when you open the passenger door it works.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Could be the light itself causing the dim bulb and flashing light and it's probably the switch in the door causing the light to not come on.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Inside the door.

There is a thread here with something like $2 door switch fix as the title. You can search for those words in just the title and find it.

TDIoily

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
flashing glow plug light is a warning that one of your bulbs in back is on the fritz or out. just replace and flashing should go away.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
TDIoily said:
Great info, but no codes were given and the dim light is an indicator of the bulb going.
Right. Once MoGolf pointed out my wrongness, I realized that I needed to correct others that have fallen down that same path to TDI wrongnesses..

My travails will continue...:p

Russnut

Veteran Member
TDI
03' Jetta TDi
mine has been on for a couple weeks. it was originally caused by the brake light switch. I replaced it, had the code cleared, and the light still came back on. Same problem. I've taken it off and cleaned the clean contacts on the harness. IS there anything that would be causing the code to no go away?

salem

TDI
2002 jetta
Thank you guys problem fix I install new taillights and there was a problem with them put the old ones back in no more problems.