www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old September 12th, 2018, 17:50   #16
Runninwild

Wastegates. I contacted malone they said to keep the n75 as the ecu needs the signal but to just not hook it up. I also got a copy of the bentley ive been comparing my pinout too. Looks like there's a few differences between my harness and my ecu (they arnt from the same car). Off the top of my head the 2nd glowplug wire is different (fixed it) and the other big difference i noticed is all the pins from my t10 blue connector (throttle related) seem to come from a 6 pin black plug according to the bentley? Beyond that some of the pins leading to the other t10 connectors correspond with different locations in the bentley vs my harness. I need to search the bentley to find what those wires actually do but I'm in the process of figuring it all out
Runninwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 08:39   #17
CasaEd

TDI(s): VW Passat B4

I don't have a Bentley manual, the only other black plug i can think of is the original accelerator plug, which is black and 6 pins, what i posted up should get you up and running. which Which ECU are you using ? the 80 pin harness can come from a later VE or PD, VW, SEAT or Audi, it doesn't really matter, you just remove the wires you don't need.
CasaEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 16:59   #18
Hasenwerk

There are six different flavours of the ALH harness
1997 to 1999 81 Pin
2000 to 2001 121 Pin with a "two wire" glow plug relay
2002 to 2003 121 Pin with a "four wire" glow plug relay

Each of the three above are also available in manual and automatic. There are wiring differences between these beside the glow plug. So one diagram doesn't suit all.
Hasenwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2018, 12:59   #19
Runninwild

I've pretty much got it all figured out and have stripped the harness. The Bentley lists some connectors that didn't really make sense but I have been able to trace each and confirm their function other then a few wires.

can anyone confirm this information for me

pin 24 In Bentley it leads to t10 white pin 10, but I cant find its function. the alh pinout sticky doesn't list anything for it and the other pinout I found lists it as the check engine light?

pin 47 in Bentley leads to t10 white pin 9 cant find the function

pin 66 in Bentley leads to t10 white pin 4 cant find the function, alh sticky has nothing

pin 80 in Bentley leads to t10 white pin 7 cant find function, alh sticky has nothing

Beyond that are all the outputs from the ecu for relays a negative trigger? for example on glowplugs I would just tie the signal wire into a bulb on my cluster (negative trigger)?

i found the cluster pinout for the malfunction indicator light, it looks like this just ties into the k line from the obd2 port. when the ecu detects an error does it just throw a ground on this wire to trigger the bulb or is there a dedicated pin for the mil (pin24)?

I'm also playing with the idea of swapping a golf/jetta cluster into my Tacoma. Does the data display on the cluster use the k line for information or the canbus wires or both?

I'm also thinking of possibly hooking up cruise control. ive identified each wire from the ecu that's necessary but i cant find the function for each wire. it looks like there is a few wires that go into the switch and 1 wire for the button, as well as the vss, clutch and brake wires that would be needed.
Runninwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2018, 13:00   #20
eddieleephd
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 38mix / 47@70-75

Pins 2, 5, 6 are all necessary. 2 is vss vehicle speed sensor. I'm a fan of keeping all the T14-a wires personally.
T10-8 glow plug relay turn on wire which runs to the glow plug relay integrated into the raintray harness.

I would guess you can get rid of a lot of the wires, however, you need to keep the sensors so the ECM can see them.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk
'02 1.8t Jetta Wagon Alh w/5spd swap, SB 21#SM DD, bew lift pump, 11mm IP, VNT17, Malone stage4 tune, Stealth pipe, BMW Cyclonic CCV filter, 2.5"cat back st. pipe,Vr6 brakes, 2" lift, Panzer, Bilstein HD, fill tube ectomy, soon to be Wuzetem p.520 PD_fuel_delivery TDI Search Plug release tool Howto terminal release tools VW/Audi
eddieleephd is offline   Reply With Quote