www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Sightings

Sightings Saw a special TDI. Trying to find out if that TDI you saw was a club member. Or have some other sighting that might interest club members. Post it here.

Old August 6th, 2018, 12:19   #1
2.2TDI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): .
Default 2.0 TDI 4 Motion Tiguan

I thought I was imagining things, but it turns out I saw correctly... a 2.0 TDI 4 motion tiguan

It had brand new ontario plates... I didn't believe it at first, so I tried to get as close as possible and see if I could hear the diesel rattle... I wasn't lucky enough to hear much, but from what I heard, it did have that distinct TDI sound... very curious if it was a TDI how it got here and got registered
2.2TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2018, 13:30   #2
jackbombay
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A4 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 57/43/32

It might just have had a 4 motion badge added to it, I know a couple people that have done that to get around the chain laws in California.

Hp vs. TQ
jackbombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 08:44   #3
> Luke <
Veteran Member

Sorry >>>> "Chain Laws" ?? (I'm not the most brightest person)
Are you referring to the snow/road chains requirement issue?
As of 8/6/2018: Latest 10 Fill-up Moving Average = 49.4 MPG. at 323,239 miles. Zero Oil usage. Only Chevron Fuel. I also carry a 6 gallon reserve container, used weekly: Thus allowing me to fill every Sunday. Latest fuel use average from purchase date = 50.7 MPG & still Very happy with my vehicle.
> Luke < is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 11:19   #4
nitec

TDI(s): 1.9TDi PD
Fuel Economy: What's fuel economy?

interesting - that's not legal to import in Canada yet so it could be one of a few things - diplomatic plates, a swap (highly doubt it) or just somebody screwing up the badges.

that's a second gen so I seriously doubt somebody pulled their new gasser and dropped in a diesel? Also the 4motion in Canada is automatic only, which isn't a problem but again wouldn't be as easy to do as the 2WD manual tiguans...are the Gen 2s even coming with the manual option?
nitec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 18:19   #5
vwztips
Veteran Member

Yes Gen 2's came with gasser and 6 speed manual but only in S trim. I converted a 2012 to a TDI with 6 speed manual. It was a sweet ride.

Hope to start working on a TDI/DSG/4mo conversion in a few months.
vwztips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 16:43   #6
jackbombay
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A4 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 57/43/32

Quote:
Originally Posted by > Luke < View Post
Sorry >>>> "Chain Laws" ?? (I'm not the most brightest person)
Are you referring to the snow/road chains requirement issue?
Yea, snow tires on 2wd does not count for the "chain law", even though a 2wd car with snow tires can stop MUCH faster than a 4wd car with all season tires, and then of course with chains a car will drive much slower than a vehicle without chains so you end up with 4wd cars with all season tires driving generally twice as fast as the rest of traffic, even though they have half the capacity to stop compared to the 2wd cars, that plus their much higher rate of travel results in them having a stopping distance 4 times further than a 2wd car with snow tires. My solution is to drive through the chain check with chains on then pull over at the next exit and remove them, I do have actual snow tires for all my vehicles, and I live in actual mountains with actual winter, I do not need Californians to tell me when I need chains.

Hp vs. TQ
jackbombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2018, 10:43   #7
Mike_04GolfTDI
Veteran Member

Hmmm, I think I'll put a 4Motion badge on my Golf and see if I end up in the sightings forum!

If anyone asks, the rear wheels are driven by pure NOx emissions through a pneumatic reciprocating climate change transducer.
Old August 9th, 2018, 13:54   #8
2.2TDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_04GolfTDI View Post
Hmmm, I think I'll put a 4Motion badge on my Golf and see if I end up in the sightings forum!

If anyone asks, the rear wheels are driven by pure NOx emissions through a pneumatic reciprocating climate change transducer.
uh, why are you acting like it's a fake? It could very well be an import from Europe, with the 177hp engine...

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...5-6697834386cf

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...8-d13b3b90fbb5

nitec, the plates were normal white ontario plates, not red ones (diplomat plates)... so i'm not sure what to make of it
Old August 10th, 2018, 16:36   #9
Mike_04GolfTDI
Veteran Member

Oh the Tiguan probably is real. It just gives me the idea to put a fake badge on my car. However, I had forgotten all about the idea two minutes after I wrote that, so I’m not really going to do it.
Old August 10th, 2018, 16:49   #10
2.2TDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_04GolfTDI View Post
Oh the Tiguan probably is real. It just gives me the idea to put a fake badge on my car. However, I had forgotten all about the idea two minutes after I wrote that, so Iím not really going to do it.
oh so like this?

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...act=mrc&uact=8

Old August 14th, 2018, 04:32   #11
dieselherb1
Veteran Member

I got my CJAA 6 speed manual into 06 Jetta finished, now a friend wants me to do a CR into a Tiguan. Should be a good investment!
dieselherb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2018, 07:30   #12
GTOguy

We have a '14 Tiguan, its a R line w/fender and 4/motion and its really a nice vehicle but man do i wish it had the CJAA that's in my beetle in it. Then it would be perfect!