Visiting Memphis

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
But not via my tdi. I have some vacation time from FedEx. The company is based in Memphis but that's not at all why I'm going. It's supposed to be a great music and bbq destination. I love blues and bbq, so it sounds fun.

Does anyone here live in Memphis? Could you please suggest some good places to visit? Stax, Sun Studio and the Civil Rights Museum are on my list. I'll be staying at an AirBnB in Midtown. I'm planning to get around via Lyft and city busses. I would be very grateful for any advice or ideas.

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
Central bbq, flying fish cafe. Of course Beale street. Oh and the duck march/parade at the Peabody hotel around 5pm when they take the live ducks out of the fountain in the lobby to return them to their penthouse suite.

sent from my mobile look-at device

CarlosF

TDI
2010 GSW TDI DSG Blue Graphite
I was in Memphis once and had fantastic bbq at a Tops. There was a gospel choir singing in the church across the street as I sat outside the restaurant and ate which completed the spiritual experience.
I never went in Graceland but I parked my Miata in front of the gates and snapped a quick pic of both. You could actually go in if you wanted.
I just gave it a quick Google and came up with:
http://www.memphisflyer.com/FlyontheWallBlog/archives/2013/08/14/8-places-elvis-fans-probably-wont-visit-but-should
Do the same and I'm sure you'll find enough to fill your time. Have a great trip!