2014 Touareg TDI

Hwy_Demon

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDi
talk to buzzken he has x5s....if you want lots of power the x5 is better due to sequential turbos therefore more power easier... However if crazy power isnt a big deal the touareg in my opinion is better...better build quality and less to maintain and more reliable. Touareg also is better if you need off road use some times....both are great, touareg can be darn quick but a sequential hybrid turbo x5 is crazy fast.

Ive been in both and in the 2011-2012 i find the touareg much nicer inside and has more standard things included...your best to drive them both really but you wouldnt go wrong with either

He swears by the X5s. And I believe him.

Just that the Touareg has better interior IMO.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
He swears by the X5s. And I believe him.
Just that the Touareg has better interior IMO.
i agree the interiors are better without a doubt...unless you get into the newer like 15 and up they look much nicer.

Im really happy with my treg, 60,000kms on it so far and not a single issue other then adblue cel the first month before it came off. I drive it pretty hard and tow a lot and its been amazing.

Yah he loves his x5s and i like them as well, but he will be first to tell you the touareg is much less hassle to maintain and more solidly built. Not to mention the tune and stuff is more for the bmw...also not many people can play with the computers on them unlike i can just throw my vcds on mine and go to town.

Both are really good dont get me wrong but its all in what you want, touareg is more rugged and well built....bmw is for sure more road and performance based.