Injectors anyone?

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
Hey guys, well finally after driving my little jetta for almost 100k I took the dive and ordered some 1019dlc nozzles. I wanted a nice increase in power with little smoke with my 1749. So here is my question, Is there anyone around the Fergus/Guelph area that is willing to lend or sell me a set of good injectors? I want get Gile to install the nozzles and pop test them without have my vehicle down for weeks. In return I can give you my working one off my car currently (after my swap, they are smooth) and beer of course. Thanks again.

igiveup

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat, 2009 Jetta
I have a set in Mississauga. They came off a working engine with 210K but have been stored dry for 2 years. They should be okay. can send you some pics if you want.

Ryan_m83

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
To be honest with you ive installed pp764s on at least 5 cars and have never had a problem. Last car was about 3 years ago the rest longer and never an issue. For piece of mind get them popped, is it absolutely necessary, I'm not quite sure.

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
Ya I've seen and heard most people don't check the injection pressure and to be frank I've done 60hp nozzles on a cummins and didn't pop them. It being my personal vehicle I'd rather have the piece on mind that everything is balanced. Plus if I pick up used injectors I'd want to make sure there isn't a weak spring inside them.

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
So I got these suckers in the mail today and I've got a set of reasonably low km injector cores to swap them onto. Giles performance diesel the only shop that will calibrate these or is there another shop I'm not familiar with that will do it? I usually deal with a company called Rovan diesel at work, but they said they couldn't do it. Any advise would be awesome, I may call around to some of my local shops to see where they send them, but the usual answer I get is we just install them and go.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I would check group 13 injector balance before doing any work and take down the readings.

I would at the very least pop test them to determine spray pattern. Ideally the pop tester could tell you that the opening pressure is relatively even across all 4.

After that I would run the car and compare the group 13 readings to make sure none of the injectors made any of the readings worse.

Yes, it would be ideal to test primary and secondary pressures and re-shim to make them pop at OEM spec, but many have installed as above with no ill effect, despite doom-saying to the contrary.