Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf Sportwagen, BHW Jeep XJ
Don't feed the trolls man!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

fjdiesel

TDI
76 fj40 w/05 LIberty CRD 2.8L diesel
What are you planning for the BRM intake manifold? Are you going to make your own race pipe? I haven't seen anything that bolts up to that manifold. I have one as well. Just wondering how you are going to hook it up. Thanks.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
What are you planning for the BRM intake manifold? Are you going to make your own race pipe? I haven't seen anything that bolts up to that manifold. I have one as well. Just wondering how you are going to hook it up. Thanks.

Ill either make my own or just tig a short pipe right to it. The cast is really not to hard to tig once you prep it.

fjdiesel

TDI
That's what I was thinking as well. But I thought I would ask in case you knew of a bolt on solution. I have a race pipe from a PD150 I think I could tig onto it pretty easily.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Time for a truck update. I put it down last month to SAS it with a D44 HP out of a 77 F150. Here is some progress pics.

I finally got rid of the factory pass side motor mount and put in a hyd mount to match the driverside. This gave me about 5 inches of clearance for the top axle mount link.

Should be able to run 35s if I want but really tall 33s are the plan for now. this is a 34" mock up tire.

Next up is steering box.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Looks good. did you sell your ISB dakota yet?

I finalized the steering box mount today and I might be able to put it back on the stock body mounts. II hope I can it would sit near perfect then.

Next up panhard bar and steering.

evguy1

Vendor
TDI
2000 Jeep Cherokee TDI, 2008 Jeep JKU TDI
I spent the last 8 months detailing the Dakota, not much else to do this year.
Pulled the box and detailed the rear suspension and frame, you can eat off them, also Raptor lined the box. Pulled the front end off and did the same to the front suspension and frame as well as pulling the engine and giving it a once over. Hope to have it ready to sell in the spring for a premium dollar. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-ge...316318-the-truck-dodge-should-have-built.htmlISB170 dakota.jpg

fjdiesel

TDI
Looking good! I wish we had frames on vehicles that clean up here!!

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
What kind of spring/link setup are you going with?

I have a Scout II and kinda drooled over this setup LINK But then I'm not building a dedicated trail rig anymore so wish list went back to simple SOA.

Jason

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
What kind of spring/link setup are you going with?

I have a Scout II and kinda drooled over this setup LINK But then I'm not building a dedicated trail rig anymore so wish list went back to simple SOA.

Jason
Its 3 linked. I have a quote from accutune on some fox 2.5 DSC coilovers. only doing 10inch but that is plenty for what I want this to do. Its a daily above anything else so it needs to ride perfect and be able to run some mild stuff offroad. If it where a trail truck I would do ORIs all day.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Slight update coilovers are in but waiting on a new plasma cutter to arrive as mine released all its smoke the one day I had some time to fab. Everything you see just tacked for now. Slow progress but I caint complain. God is good! Happy mothers day!

fjdiesel

TDI
Looks good! I like it!! Looking forward to seeing some more photos of it.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Shocks are in and stock sway bar is gonna work just need to extend the end links an inch and will work fine.

So I drove it today to bed in the brakes and just a road worthy shake down.

And here is full droop on the driver side. You caint tell but tire is off ground. I was adjusting the ride height here.

Tomorrow if I get a chance to work on it Ill go dump the the couple hundred pounds of scrap metal in the bed and then I can work on alignment and the front inner fenders, bump stops and I guess at that point its ready to be a daily again.

Smarten101

TDI
2005 Passat wagon
Do you mind measuring the distance from the ground to the top of the wheel arch? I’m getting ready to do the solid axle swap and I’m curious how much lift you are at.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Do you mind measuring the distance from the ground to the top of the wheel arch? I’m getting ready to do the solid axle swap and I’m curious how much lift you are at.
43" front and 45" rear but im gonna adjust the rear down another inch with shackles. those are 33.9" tires

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
I love this truck. Nice clean work and nice to see it back on the road.
Im happy to have it back on the road for sure. Was alot of work but it rides amazing now. I lost 1MPG probably ,need to empty this tank first to see, but well worth it IMHO. Still have a few more plans for this thing but atleast I can drive and work on it now.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
over 5k miles on the SAS now and first tire rotate.

Also moved the exhaust to the rear finally.

Im leaving the shackle height as is for now. Sits level with a load of green wood and rides great.

Im do for a Timing belt soon and trying to get the extra BHW short block ready to throw in but I think I will save it till this 260K mile ALH gets a little less efficient. I also have a NSG370 to throw in also when it comes time.

Happy new year all! Soli Deo gloria!