toyota swap

Rockwell

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (R.I.P.), 1.6TD Toyota pickup, 2011 BMW 335d, 1996 Passat TDI
Yes, I am using ALH electronics with an AHU, if you are using an AHU ECU I think it will fit behind the glove box. Space is tight if you are trying to hide it.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Yeh. I was trying to put it behind the kick panel

how do you use the alh ecu with the ahu motor?

Lewis
just use the alh harness, and alh n75, but reprogramming the ecm required for WG turbo....ahu/1z pump connector can be swapped to match the ALH harness or you can just use an ALH pump with appropriate IP bracket mods.... my buddy is running his AHU with ALH harness and pump in his 86' westy ... it does great and is also port flashable (121 pin ecm)

Last edited:

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
just use the alh harness, and alh n75, but reprogramming the ecm required for WG turbo....ahu/1z pump connector can be swapped to match the ALH harness or you can just use an ALH pump with appropriate IP bracket mods.... my buddy is running his AHU with ALH harness and pump in his 86' westy ... it does great and is also port flashable (121 pin ecm)
man I wish I had done that with my audi.

Rockwell

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (R.I.P.), 1.6TD Toyota pickup, 2011 BMW 335d, 1996 Passat TDI
If you use all the ALH components, which are easier to source, the ECU doesn't care if it's an ALH or an AHU. I preferred the AHU for my swap (still an ongoing project) due to oil pan clearance, firewall clearance (vacuum pump), oil filter setup and motor mount options. I liked the compact harness of the ALH once all the non essential wires were removed and the ability to run an 11mm IP and VNT turbo. You can get the AHU ECU chipped for that though...

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
I do. But.... I haven't been able to ever load a picture on any of my threads.

I usually post them in my album. I'll post some there

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
how can you not have a computer? vw projects and no VCDS?? come on man, you can get a very decent laptop used/new these days for <$200 easily. in any case, if you're uploading pics to tdiclub, you can upload them elsewhere, and just insert links to pics in your posts so people can see them easier without going through the cumbersome tdiclub pic server

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
Ok. So there's some pictures. Not like the swap hasn't been done before. I tried to make the engine compartment look as stock as possible.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk