Coolant leak

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf DSG 06 Jetta (sold)
Coolant hose? Front of back of the motor? Back of motor is liable to be the EGR cooler hoses. Oil drips down from the turbo onto them and make them mushy and eventually they leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
Thermostat housing maybe? It’s right on the front side of the engine.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
These: 1K0122157GH
or these: 1K0122157HP depending on manufacturing date of your car

They are a pain to replace, but notorious for leaking. I had to change mine a few years ago even though I couldn't really see them leak. Once you get to them and give them a squeeze, you'll be able to tell if they are still good.

JohnJTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat 2005.5 jetta
More info- also no heat, been under the car. Leak is coming from high upin the engine, drivers side. It’s a 2005.5 not a1996....

Satsonic

TDI
2006 Jetta TDi (BRM) - DSG Trans (02E)
Does it leak while the engine is running or once it’s been warmed up for a while and then you turn the engine off?

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
I would inspect the heater hoses near the firewall. Most likely place for a leak on a BRM. There isn’t anything on the driver side of the engine bay up high that I can think of. Might be a pressurized spray making it look like that’s where it is.

The good news is that is the opposite side from the water pump which rules out the hardest fix. This is almost certainly a hose or the radiator. I think there might be a coolant hose with a tee in it over kind of on top of the engine on the driver side but I don’t remember for sure.

JohnJTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat 2005.5 jetta
Part no??

Looks like I need a new PM66-GF30; ??elbow in coolant line about 1.25” in diameter w/a small nipple(about 1/4”) off the 90 degree bend?? Pm66-gf30 is apparently other things as well?? Is located in the upper engine bay on drivers side, front of engine. And is leaking.

JohnJTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat 2005.5 jetta
Looks like I need a new PM66-GF30; ??elbow in coolant line about 1.25” in diameter w/a small nipple(about 1/4”) off the 90 degree bend?? Pm66-gf30 is apparently other things as well?? Is located in the upper engine bay on drivers side, front of engine. And is leaking.
. Need part no. For elbow.

tooreal

TDI
2006 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI, 5-speed Manual, package 1, DOM 10/06. Tinted windows, Rear Spoiler, Reflex Silver
When my BRM Hit 9 years old, I had One Leak in a small Formed coolant Hose on the Backside of the engine. I ordered that Hose and 90% of the other Formed or (Shaped Hoses) because you have to have One that’s made that Exact shape, or it will kink when it gets Hot and then Stops the flow of water / Coolant. It’s easier to swap them all and Not have to worry about a possible leak of that type for another 10 years.
It was to me.