2006 jetta tdi no heat.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The air inlet tube comes off in about 45 seconds, and about 45 seconds more and the quick connect clips are loose and the hoses off. I've had a TON of these off, as the breather system often allows for oil seepage down on to the heater hose set, ruining the one hose to the EGR cooler.

It is a pretty easy job, sorry you are having a tough time of it.

Heater core clogging is likely the result of mixed/poor/contaminated coolant... not really the car's fault or a fault of the design. VAG put "G12" and a reference to a shop manual right on the bottle, not sure they could do much more.

A tip for the future: while the quick connect clips do have a release position, meaning you needn't completely remove them in order to slide the fitting off, sometimes it is just easier to remove the clip completely to be 100% certain it is not hanging up on the release tang or the collar on the tube. Then, carb spray is excellent at working its way into and helping the internal o-ring let go of the tube, easing its removal. The A5s are easier at the firewall in this regard, as the tubes are aluminum, not plastic like in some other models (or at the radiator... THOSE can be a royal pain).

Red Shed

TDI
I've had a TON of these off,

not really the car's fault or a fault of the design. VAG put "G12" and a reference to a shop manual right on the bottle, not sure they could do much more.

A tip for the future: while the quick connect clips do have a release position, meaning you needn't completely remove them in order to slide the fitting off, sometimes it is just easier to remove the clip completely to be 100% certain it is not hanging up on the release tang or the collar on the tube. Then, carb spray is excellent at working its way into and helping the internal o-ring let go of the tube, easing its removal. The A5s are easier at the firewall in this regard, as the tubes are aluminum, not plastic like in some other models (or at the radiator... THOSE can be a royal pain).
experience is worth more than all the shop manuals and instructions in the world

i do believe that the heater core would not have become plugged or the flushing would have been easier if the heater core wasn't basicly a big settling tank letting whatever just make a home in there till basically only the top 2 inches of the core have any flow.

i may end up trying your tip. i did completely remove both clips to see if that helped to remove the fittings. i assume these are the factory fittings. so they have been on here for 205k miles.

Red Shed

TDI
well i just hooked everything back up and i have heat!!!! in all the vents. its like 130ish degrees. not as good as the heat in my other vehicles but good enough for now.