JSW CPO 2yr/unlim war. coverage experiances

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
I know many JSW CPO's were bought because of the "extended warrenty". Now is the time to contribute your experience, good or bad. With 7 years experience with ford mostly, I've seen a lot of both. Hopefully as a group we can bring good results and how to achieve them.

Post it here...

EDIT update: 4/2/19
Found a great number that gives EXACTS on warrantee coverage!!!... 800-822-8987... KNOW YOUR EXACT WARRANTEE INFO. ON YOUR C.P.O.

My 69,464 mile 2011 C.P.O. JSW, warrantee coverage started 2/5/19
* basic coverage (C.P.O.) until 94k or 2/20/21
* exhaust flap until 120k or 11/20/20
* clock spring until 120k or 11/20/20
* TDI emissions until 126k or 5/21
* HPFP until 120k or 11/20
* TDI extended drivetrain until 123,464 or 6/20/23

I asked if it was VWoA policy to require an additional "just in case" customer pay (my dealer wanted authorization for 1 hr. $150ish) using the $50 deductible warranty coverage. They said it was not VWoA required, but most deals do. I've never encountered that with Ford or Chevy!

Last edited:

ditch64

TDI
None, yet.
So far so good! Aside from the tires being trash and replacing them on my own dime (car only had 22,000 miles on it)... I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase!

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
2011 JSW, 6M, 69,474
ISSUES:

1 rns 315 no volume on Serius XM

2 pano roof squelling/sticking

3 A/C ambient temp (non op)

4 paint clear coat "popping" various places

COVERAGE:

1 tech verified and VW tech line approved replacement. New was higher in the revision # YES!....... VW covered

2 Pano just needed reset...... VW covered

3 A/C had no charge but was vac leak tested and dye/charged...... VW would not cover. My input must have been reasonable because the system was sound, showing NO signs of tampering. I approached the service writer knowing the 134a system sat about 2 years and leaked. FACT: 90% of 10 year 134a systems are low or dead especially if not used.
Dealership was great and ate the cost.

4 Dealership was quick to justify non coverage of paint under the grounds "it was a cheap repaint". I do have some experience and this shows no signs of body/repaint. I have since confirmed uniform paint thickness reading, no body work through 1 professional source so far.

BTW don't get me wrong I absolutely love this car

more updates later 3/15/19

Last edited:

13blackblack

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
Had stuck fuel filler door and rear window regulator not working. Bought car 1 month ago . CPO car. Dealer has “ bent over backwards” to correct items and offered loaner without any request from me.
So far, so good. I’ll keep you posted as 2 years go by.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Purchased a CPO'd Golf TDI last April with the 2 year unlisted mileage warranty. Dealer has so far changed a rear caliper, AC Compressor, 4 new injector seals, and adjusted a door to make it seal better under the warranty. Paid $50 deductible twice.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW, 6M, 69,474
ISSUES:
4 Dealership was quick to justify non coverage of paint under the grounds "it was a cheap repaint". I do have some experience and this shows no signs of body/repaint. I have since confirmed uniform paint thickness reading, no body work through 1 professional source so far.
Im not sure if I'll put further effort into pursuing the paint coverage under the 2 year basic. Although the VW CPO website clearly states manufacture defects are covered, the dealer is going to have to be cooperative or I'll be in my own battle with VW. The clear coat separation is clearly a manufacture defect as confirmed by the body shop that acually does paintformy local VW dealership (2nd confirmation)

Anyone else have a succesful paint claim?

kyoshofan

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
Just purchased a 2014 JSW with 26,700 miles 2 weeks ago. The dash above the center air vents is warping up on one side-this should be covered under the CPO correct?

5SP TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, DSG.
My dash is doing the same thing too on my 2014 with only 24k miles. It is the right side of the center vent that appears to have slightly come unglued? I would assume this should be covered under the CPO 2 year warranty.

kyoshofan

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
My dash is doing the same thing too on my 2014 with only 24k miles. It is the right side of the center vent that appears to have slightly come unglued? I would assume this should be covered under the CPO 2 year warranty.
Exactly the same place as mine - Hope it is covered - I plan on taking it in to the dealer this Saturday - we will see

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen DSG
I had my turbo replaced under warranty a couple months ago, 3k in work that I didn't have to pay for, and a decent loaner car for the week it was gone. I have a noise that is from the timing area that is present at idle the dealer is going to look into once they have another loaner car available. I am assuming that will all be under warranty also. I'll update once I get it diagnosed.

durbo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 260k........ 2000 golf 2 door 100k.
2011 jsw bought 2 weeks ago with 74,000 miles. Didn’t even go through a tank of fuel before the check engine light came on. Pulled out my Vcds with p13d7 and p13d9 codes. Dealer changed glow plugs 3 and 4 with a car wash (rained the day before).
Great service from them.

Last edited:

kyoshofan

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
Update on my dash warping issue- took to dealer this morning, they took pictures and said should be covered by CPO and they will order parts.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
I had my turbo replaced under warranty a couple months ago, 3k in work that I didn't have to pay for, and a decent loaner car for the week it was gone. I have a noise that is from the timing area that is present at idle the dealer is going to look into once they have another loaner car available. I am assuming that will all be under warranty also. I'll update once I get it diagnosed.
2011 jsw bought 2 weeks ago with 74,000 miles. Didn’t even go through a tank of fuel before the check engine light came on. Pulled out my Vcds with p13d7 and p13d9 codes. Dealer changed glow plugs 3 and 4 with a car wash (rained the day before).
Great service from them.
Update on my dash warping issue- took to dealer this morning, they took pictures and said should be covered by CPO and they will order parts.
How did YOUR dealer write your work order up regarding payment?

Eample:
My dealer had me sign an Additional 1 hour "customer pay" incase the CPO didnt cover all listed issues diag. They did wave this however in the end

durbo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 260k........ 2000 golf 2 door 100k.
How did YOUR dealer write your work order up regarding payment?
Eample:
My dealer had me sign an Additional 1 hour "customer pay" incase the CPO didnt cover all listed issues diag. They did wave this however in the end
Didn’t have to sign anything like that. No questions asked. They took the car in, called and said they changed the glow plugs.
If they wanted me to sign something, I’d tell em to pound sand and threaten with a lawyer. I’d only owned the car a week. I’m still on the fence about a cp3 conversion and dpf “upgrade”. The only thing stopping me, is how good the dealership has treated me. I usually HATE dealers, and never set foot on them. This is a very strange and new adventure for me.

kyoshofan

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
Good to hear kyoshofan! I'm bringing mine into the dealer once back from spring break.
Dealer updated me today and said the dash parts are on order and full coverage minus the $50 deductible - so if your having the same issue with yours, take it in and get it repaired!

Christopera

TDI
Looking...
VW are replacing my DPF. 50k miles, about 5k after buying the car. It should be noted that I drove the car after an EGT code, then replaced the EGT, but the car proceeded to enter limp home mode. I took it to a dealer, they didn't seem to like it, but eventually agreed to replace under warranty. For better or worse, I did not disclose the failed EGT. I assumed I could fix it easily with VCGS, considering the bank 1 EGT replacement is like a 30 minute project, I didn't see the need for a week stay at the dealer. I was wrong, they win, I win, it's winning all around.

I did notice water in my spare tire compartment. I probably should have them look at the sunroof drains while it's in there. Is this covered?

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Nothing yet, fingers crossed. Closest dealer is a 3.5hr drive (single lane mountain roads) away.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
VW are replacing my DPF. 50k miles, about 5k after buying the car. For better or worse, I did not disclose the failed EGT.
I did notice water in my spare tire compartment. I probably should have them look at the sunroof drains while it's in there. Is this covered?
Your always best to never touch the car even IF you and I both may know its best. They can and usually will use that against your claim. Just bring it in.

Let us now if they cover your plugged drains under the $50 deductible. Is the headliner and other interior stained? coverage due to leaks?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
UPDATE: hard to find phone number and misc. that will give EXACT warrantee info., mileage and cut off dates on YOUR C.P.O. coverage.

SEE 1st page/post lower edit of this thread

crxgator

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta BRM 5 speed
Looks like I’ll be getting a new dash due to the center vent coming up and the deformation towards the front of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyoshofan

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
Just got car back from service - dash replaced, drivers sunvisor replaced and high speed cooling fan replaced - all covered under CPO

Christopera

TDI
Looking...
Your always best to never touch the car even IF you and I both may know its best. They can and usually will use that against your claim. Just bring it in.

Let us now if they cover your plugged drains under the $50 deductible. Is the headliner and other interior stained? coverage due to leaks?
I never mentioned it. Was too busy fixing my Saab so I could get to work.

I vacuumed the spare tire compartment out and put a box full of desiccant in there. I haven't checked to see if it's still dry. Will do soon. If it fills with water again I'll be attempting a warranty claim.

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
Dropping my '12 off on Friday AM for the dealer to check on my A/C (not cooling at idle or in stop and go traffic - only cooling at 50+ MPH) and to evaluate the sunroof shade which I am sure they will have to order parts for. I'll report back on Friday once they take a look.

Does anyone know if the $50 deductible is per individual repair? For example since I have two unique issues unrelated to each other would it be $50 each or just one $50 fee since they are looked at in same visit.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Dropping my '12 off on Friday AM for the dealer to check on my A/C (not cooling at idle or in stop and go traffic - only cooling at 50+ MPH) and to evaluate the sunroof shade which I am sure they will have to order parts for. I'll report back on Friday once they take a look.
Does anyone know if the $50 deductible is per individual repair? For example since I have two unique issues unrelated to each other would it be $50 each or just one $50 fee since they are looked at in same visit.
R134a tends to leak down over time ESPECIALLY when inactive (2 yrs in dieselgate). My 2011 was low too. The dealer said it wasnt covered by warentee. They claim to have covered the check out and recharge as they didnt charge me...?

Get AS MANY issues on EACH visit. $50 per visit not item

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
R134a tends to leak down over time ESPECIALLY when inactive (2 yrs in dieselgate). My 2011 was low too. The dealer said it wasnt covered by warentee. They claim to have covered the check out and recharge as they didnt charge me...?
Get AS MANY issues on EACH visit. $50 per visit not item
Thanks for the heads up on both!

Hoping the HVAC is the well documented RCV issue and they can resolve it tomorrow, the A/C prob wouldn't be so bad if I had a pano sunroof shade but as it stands the car just bakes when parked outdoors and the no/poor cooling at idle and low speeds does nothing to help with the issue.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the heads up on both!

Hoping the HVAC is the well documented RCV issue and they can resolve it tomorrow, the A/C prob wouldn't be so bad if I had a pano sunroof shade but as it stands the car just bakes when parked outdoors and the no/poor cooling at idle and low speeds does nothing to help with the issue.
When Freon went from r12 to 134a in 93', the hoses/seals had to be improved. 134a atoms are 1/2 the size of r12, hence more leak prone. Years of work with A/C systems I'll note every normally used 10 year old car will be low (or completely out) of factory r134a. 2 years stagnate in diesel gate purgatory makes it almost for sure of a low/empty system. That's on VWoA I will/would argue. In my case I think the dealer was just too embarrassed to admit warrantee covered the cost as they initially denied coverage.

What happened to your pano shade?