Will It Fit thread

Choddaboy

TDI
2014 Golf Sportwagen TDI, Jetta 2001 TDI (sold)
Hey guys, been having a hard time finding a solid answer on this.

I'm looking at a set of VMR 710 18x9 with +35 offset. I have a sportwagen and am about to lower it a little bit on GLI suspension. (about 1 inch drop).

How does this setup sound?

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
9" ET35 is at the extreme of what I've seen on cars at vortex. It seems they make it work with stretched tires, increased camber, and rolling and sometimes pulling the fenders. It seems 8" or 8.5" x ET45 are more realistic max fitments without too much nonsense.

Choddaboy

TDI
2014 Golf Sportwagen TDI, Jetta 2001 TDI (sold)
9" ET35 is at the extreme of what I've seen on cars at vortex. It seems they make it work with stretched tires, increased camber, and rolling and sometimes pulling the fenders. It seems 8" or 8.5" x ET45 are more realistic max fitments without too much nonsense.
Thanks! that helps :)

virtualpj

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen

To piggyback on the above response, I swapped out my stock wheels for 17x8 ET45, and they’re very flush. They almost poke a bit in the front. ET35 or any wider of a wheel definitely would have.