Reaching 10k service... Should it dare to...

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I've since heard that as being a leak source on the Alltrack as well, so don't feel bad it seems VW hasn't learned from previous errors, which is par for the course.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Seeing jasons real issue was the drain tubes at the bottom end of the door, my comment on any spray obviously isn't going to help him.

On a side note the drivers door window weather seal creaks like a mofo. From the inside I can push on the upper rear of the window and it's crazy loud, so annoying while driving. The sound goes away if it drop the window 1/4 inch.

Only solution I've found is using wurth or that Gummi Phledge to the underside channel of the window seal, it quiets it down for a month or two, then I've been just reapplying.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Bumping this.

Rear passenger leaks.

Called vwoa, as I'm nearing my 36k mile mark, they will not extend any warranty repairs on the leaking door.

****ing bull****. It's been attempted 9x by 4 different dealers, paperwork and all...

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Well, back to the dealer.

Found water in door and water damage on speaker.

Another gasket, new speaker, and another go.

I suggested litmus paper peppered everywhere, as since the speaker is the only item showing water damage, it might help finding other areas getting water.

They use it on cell phones. ****ed me as well. Should work, right?

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Speaker gasket was pulling away from speaker.

Also leaking from grommet under speaker to the left.

New speaker/ gasket and grommet.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
btw litmus paper is mainly used for ph, you'd just want water sensing stickers, sadly they'll never do it as too many failures would show up.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Well, the attempt to make things right, they flipped bill on a set of oem cargo bars.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Can't complain about that.

I'm about to go in for my 3rd set of strut bearings on the Alltrack, constant squeaking, can even hear them squeak when pushing the front fender, chances are I'll get nuffin.