Jetta too close to the Curb

Jefff929

TDI
Jetta-2002-Blue-auto Jetta-2009-Red-stick
We darn near took off the whole front end of the Jetta
when backing up from the curb. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

We now know not to get too close.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Tilt your right side mirror down just before you go to ingress or egress from your parking space. Then you can see how close you are.

Don't turn your wheels so sharp? I guess I'm not sure what you're asking really

Joe Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
NA
We darn near took off the whole front end of the Jetta ...
One side of my plastic underskirting in the front is ripped and torn half off the car almost, I got too close in a parking lot. When I backed up, I found I was on a pile of snow and ripped the skirting when I got off of it. I tend to park *way* far away from anything now.

Jefff929

TDI
Jetta-2002-Blue-auto Jetta-2009-Red-stick
***One side of my plastic underskirting in the front is ripped and torn half off the car almost, I got too close in a parking lot. When I backed up, I found I was on a pile of snow and ripped the skirting when I got off of it. ***
And it exposes the under side of the Turbo to rocks
or road debris. It also causes a stink when the fender wells now loose rub on the tires. VW wants a small fortune to repair or replace the broken parts. Now we have to park way back from anything that looks like a curb.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Take a look around alot of cars are as low or lower then ours. You could buy a gas hog pick up truck

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I noticed that Lew

I have a 1" lift kit installed on my Jetta. Here's a shot from the rear, note that the height of the rear bumper is the same as that of the SUV

If you're to the point of changin your struts... I would defintally reccomend it. I haven't hit anything sense the lift was installed

-Jason