I think I can officially come out of the closet.....

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
What's the gross weight on the '92 Golf? Anything lighter than the A4 chassis and you will really scream, what with Wett and all. Try and keep some rubber on the tires for a while!!

------------------
Always interested in steep & deep

Jason Crabtree

Veteran Member
For those who haven't been following, I am getting Ron's Parts in BC to do a TDI swap in a 92 Golf.
[As an aside: It used to be an old 1.6l diesel engine (non turbo). In fact it is for sale and you can contact Dustan at Ron's Parts and the # is 604-944-0494. It had just under 200k Km on and ran well. The tranny is also on the block, but I'm digrss.]

But it is in the enigne bay
and there are pictures in the Golf Gallery on this site (under 92 Tdi Conversion...some pictures).

Not only that, but it will be powered by a Wett chip!!!
So I would appreciate if you would let me know what the secret TDI handshake is now I'm a member.

Funny thing is that I have never even driven a TDI yet I own one. The whacky things I do.

I appreciate all the support and comments that have been given on this project. Still not completed yet but need to celebrate these milestones!

Thanks

Jason

p.s. Disel Des is also doing a swap of a 110 hp TDi (drool slobber, major
), but I am not sure of his progress.

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
Jason, I think your swap is pretty kewl. And thanks for posting the pics.

As for owning a TDI, but never driving one...that's jumping in with both feet! Way to go.