2017 Jetta Driver Side Heated Seat Issue

TDICube

Veteran Member
The driver side heated seat in our 2017 Jetta is not heating. The passenger side heated seat is working fine. I tried to look-up the fuse location in the manual but the diagram does not exist. To paraphrase:"Manual cannot keep up with fuse locations since locations change within model year." It is nasty today and car is outside. I am not going for a fuse hunt without a map. I remember individual fuses for right and left exterior lights and I thought the heated seats may follow the same pattern.
Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone know location of the fuse(s)?
We are at 40,000 miles and outside of the 36,0000 mile warranty part of 36000/3year bumper to bumper.
Thanks in advance,
TDICube

TDICube

Veteran Member
Yes, it was the control module. The problem is that there is a part availability issue.
Must be some breaking!
TDICube

03JettaTD

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Did the button and climate control screen light up normal as if it was working, but no heat? This is how mine is acting, maybe I can swap the controllers on the seats and see if the issue moves with the controller. Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cezargradianu

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
Hello - just to verify ... i would like to make sure.

Currently i have my driver side seat not working at all, 2015 Jetta TDI ... the button seems to work, it illimuates, but my bottom and back elements are not working. Passenger works fine.

Sounds like it was the control module, is that correct? should i swap from passenger and see if it starts working and that means its a module?

skigolfmike

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG SEL
Hello - just to verify ... i would like to make sure.

Currently i have my driver side seat not working at all, 2015 Jetta TDI ... the button seems to work, it illimuates, but my bottom and back elements are not working. Passenger works fine.

Sounds like it was the control module, is that correct? should i swap from passenger and see if it starts working and that means its a module?
I have a 2015 Jetta TDi also. Replaced the control module, nothing. Both the seat back and seat mats have continuity and the proper resistance. Understand there is not a fuse and I can’t see any blown fuses either. Lights come on on the dash. Passenger side works.

cezargradianu

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
I have a 2015 Jetta TDi also. Replaced the control module, nothing. Both the seat back and seat mats have continuity and the proper resistance. Understand there is not a fuse and I can’t see any blown fuses either. Lights come on on the dash. Passenger side works.
Ugh man.i have no idea either. Maybe some others can help.

I also just Got a new module. Tried it. Same results. No heated seats …. Looks like it’s the elements. Trying to see if I can get a new chair local here and see if this fixes it. If not I give up.

skigolfmike

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG SEL
We think it's the bottom pad. There are 2 circuits in the pad and I think one of them is shorted out. Going to try replacing the pad.

cezargradianu

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
We think it's the bottom pad. There are 2 circuits in the pad and I think one of them is shorted out. Going to try replacing the pad.
Okay, sounds good. How do you go about doing that? And also how much is one of these bottom pad elements? I found a seat local for $200.

skigolfmike

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG SEL
Okay, sounds good. How do you go about doing that? And also how much is one of these bottom pad elements? I found a seat local for $200.
The bottom heating element pad is right around $100. Install is $165 at a car upholstery shop. You need special tools to do the upholstery, so I would not try it yourself.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Does the stock 2017 VW Jetta "S" 5M have heated seats.......(if so where is the control switch located?)

Seasons best,

ez