Bosal Muffler for 2002 Golf TDI

Andreat

TDI
Golf GL TDI 2002
Hi, I need some help in selecting the Bosal muffler closest to the OEM one: the closest I found is the one 1999-2006 Volkswagen Golf - Bosal Muffler, Part N. W0133-1735787 on the AutoPartsWarehouse.com site.

Does it fit my Golf TDI GL 2002?

Anyone with experience of it?

Thank you for your help.

AT:confused:

Andreat

TDI
Golf GL TDI 2002
Bosal Muffler

The old one came loose (the hanger part broke off for corrosion) near the rear bumper, and as a result bent the rest of the exhaust and cracked the pipe just off the catalytic converter (I already bought a catalytic conv suggested by andrewc). Since Winters here are corrosive, I am thinking of buying a new aftermarket muffler.

AT

megha_jones

TDI
2012 jetta
thats what i was getting at as well. there is little to gain from a new muffler and alot of people take them off and put straight pipe or just a chep low resistance muffler on since the tdi makes very little noise anyway. if you doing it a a performance mod. speend it on injectors and a chip.

Andreat

TDI
Golf GL TDI 2002
Anyone with experience with aftermarket mufflers...

No, no performance upgrade and I want the car to be "legal" and up-to-spec...I am not too adventurous.

Thanks anyway...

AT

bugablue

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle
I would just tell the muffler shop you want a cheap muffler and they will find one that works for you. There are no laws against cutting off your muffler, just noise regulations, and the tdi hardly makes any noise without the muffler. But if you want one, let them find one that fits.