Hotel Reservations -- Dulles Hyatt

THM3362

TDI
Passat 2005 Dark Blue
TDI Fest Dulles

Party of 2 registered at Hyatt Dulles. Arrival date 9/3 departure date 9/8.

Tom

rme

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
TDI Fest

-Was told by the Hyatt they knew nothing about the TDI fest on the first call and was told to call back the next day. (I didn't wait until Tuesday)

-Called back 15 minutes later and got hung up on.

-Called back and was put on hold for 7 minutes. (Guess they had to get an english speaking person to talk with me to which I was eventually transferred to)

-When I requested a room at the back of the hotel was told they would try no guarantee's. Guess they must be getting a rush on those dates at this time so I'll see if I can get a room in the back away from the airport. (What the hell I've spent 30 years flying helicopters what will I hear anyway :D )

4/13/09 (2030EST) Reservations made for myself plus 1. (I'm going to call her my wife when I introduce her---LOL)

I hope registration isn't this hard!!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
THM3362 said:
Party of 2 registered at Hyatt Dulles. Arrival date 9/3 departure date 9/8.

Tom
I just added you to the list. :cool: I'm glad you're going to stay for 5 nights and see the sights!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
rme said:
-Was told by the Hyatt they knew nothing about the TDI fest on the first call and was told to call back the next day. (I didn't wait until Tuesday)

-Called back 15 minutes later and got hung up on.

-Called back and was put on hold for 7 minutes. (Guess they had to get an english speaking person to talk with me to which I was eventually transferred to)

-When I requested a room at the back of the hotel was told they would try no guarantee's. Guess they must be getting a rush on those dates at this time so I'll see if I can get a room in the back away from the airport. (What the hell I've spent 30 years flying helicopters what will I hear anyway :D )

4/13/09 (2030EST) Reservations made for myself plus 1. (I'm going to call her my wife when I introduce her---LOL)

Sorry you had a hard time getting through. I've usually had very courteous people when I've called, but then again, I've only talked to the reservations department once. I should go through the whole process again just to see how well they handle things.

Anyway, glad you finally got a room reserved. I added you to the list for 4 nights. :cool:

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Just made my reservations, wasn't hard :).
Trying to get an extra day though...bit harder.
-BB

VeeDubTDI

TDI
BleachedBora said:
Just made my reservations, wasn't hard :).
Trying to get an extra day though...bit harder.
-BB
Details? Check-in and check-out dates? What was hard about getting the extra day? Did they say none are available?

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
No, I just called saying I was with TDIclub, needed a room for two checking in on the 4th, and when they told me it was $236 for Tuesday night I politely declined--and that was with government rates!

I'll need to politely ask someone to help us out when we get in and when we're leaving as I don't plan on renting a car.

Cheers,
-BB

VeeDubTDI

TDI
BleachedBora said:
No, I just called saying I was with TDIclub, needed a room for two checking in on the 4th, and when they told me it was $236 for Tuesday night I politely declined--and that was with government rates!

I'll need to politely ask someone to help us out when we get in and when we're leaving as I don't plan on renting a car.

Cheers,
-BB
Ah... Tuesday night isn't part of our room block for $99/night, but Thursday night through Monday night are.

I'm sure we can get you two where you need to go over the weekend. As for going from the airport to the hotel, the hotel has a free courtesy shuttle that runs the route. The hotel is only about 5 minutes away from the airport.

So you've reserved 4 nights total? Check-in on Friday evening and check-out on Tuesday morning?

BleachedBora

TDI
I think we're checking out Monday morning so it'll be easier to get a ride to our other hotel. We'll find something decent within a few miles of the hotel for Monday and Tuesday night :).
-BB

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Ok, I'll put you down for Friday night through Monday morning. :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
BleachedBora said:

Cheers,
-BB
I have added a few rooms to our block for Tuesday night. The rate is $99 + tax (a $137 discount!). You may call the hotel and extend your reservation through Wednesday morning.

If anyone else is interested in doing this, go ahead and call the hotel. There are a total of five slots available for Tuesday night. I will add more if necessary.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Folks, just a reminder... if you have reserved a room at the hotel, please post in this thread. We have 61 room-nights reserved at the hotel right now, but I have only accounted for 45 of them. Who are the other 16? :confused:

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Hotel stay booked:

Arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday night (after diner)

See you all there...:D

MrVermin

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I am missing 20 room-nights on my list. Who has reserved a room with the hotel but not yet posted their check-in and check-out dates in this thread?

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The V's have to get on the stick.. We WILL.. SLow internet but they will be made early next week!

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
im gonna need to share a room with someone fri-sat and maybe sunday if i drank too much (which I prolly will).

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
WOOT!!, can't wait

Zippy_car said:
I've got a room.. now I just have to register!
OnlyinaBeetle, Zippy, and Haiku (maybe) are registered in the hotel for 3 nights.

see Y'all at Fest!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Glad to hear it, Zippy! I'll add you all to the list! :cool:

Peter, don't worry about the slow internet... you have to call the hotel to make a reservation. We're doing this the old fashioned way! :)

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
BlueCTTDi said:
Not in VeeDub's case she didn't ;)
eeeeeew... girl cooties!

mikie - youdo realize i'm going to this fest, but only because you threatened me in Jan at H05G! :p

(ok ok.. not really, i'm going just because it's fest and I miss my peeps - but the threatning got me in gear to be ready for it. ;))

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
Yay!

Zippy_car said:
eeeeeew... girl cooties!

mikie - youdo realize i'm going to this fest, but only because you threatened me in Jan at H05G! :p

(ok ok.. not really, i'm going just because it's fest and I miss my peeps - but the threatning got me in gear to be ready for it. ;))
<-- *does the happy dance* :D :cool: