1.4 TDI - project

impuls

Hey all

I am new here, I live in Belgium (Europe).
For a while i've been searching the net without founding any devent answers...untill i bumped into this forum.

I'm going to be the owner of a seat ibiza 1.4 tdi (stock 75hp and 195nm).
Ok, i can boost the thing up to 100hp and 250nm with chiptuning...but then it ends...or not?
I've read the forum a little bit and saw you guys speak about injectors, intercooler, dump/bleed valve...
but what do you guys recommend for boosting my little 1.4tdi. (i'd say 120hp and 300nm would be awesome...if my clothle can handle it)
Help me out here if you guys can...personel tips, other sites, similar projects.. (this engine can be find in a vw lupo, polo, seat arosa, ibiza and audi a2).
thx already
Impuls

Aligator

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
AGR, AVF, AMF, BLB
First of all 1.4TDI is a PD engine, so you won't be able to change injectors, because the engine has pumpe duese instead of incectors and rotary pump.

Getting about 120HP and 300Nm is a bit dangerous for the
engine if you want it to last for over 150kkm.

To gain more power I would reccomend:

1. big front mount intercooler
2. modifications in exhaust, at least removing catalyst
3. custom chip designed for bigger intercooler and modified exhaust

The next modification I would reccommend would be propably bigger turbo, but you may have problem with fiding replacement for your turbo. You could install 100PD or 130PD turbo, but you would have to seriously modify exhaust manifold, because your engine has different exhaust manifold then 100PD or 130PD (yours is 3 cylinder).

You may also have problems with clutch.
100PD clutch starts slipping at about 350Nm, so i think that yours may start slipping at 300Nm or even less.

IMO it's better to buy 100PD or even 130PD Ibiza, because ie. the cost of 100PD Ibiza + chip would be less than Ibiza 1.4 TDI + turbo + chip + intercooler + exhaust ...