Order Time

boutmuet

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 BMW 328d
I couldn't find a thread on this topic so I thought that I would start a new one. I just ordered my TDI from the factory today (Feb 2nd) and was wondering how long does it take for you to receive your car from the time you ordered yours? Specifically for 2009 TDI owners.

dclark

Veteran Member
Can't really say about '09's, but in case you don't get a reply, I guess mine is better than none!
I ordered my '03 on August/02 and it showed up in November. I have heard of others saying three months as well.
I have hear that they really don't order them, rather, they just get dibs on a car coming in that has what you want. Dunno, can't confirm. I had some dealers perplexed why I wanted to order, they try to sell me what they had, but I wanted an odd ball -Jetta wagon GLS fully loaded with every option, including ESP, heated leather, monsoon, but with a 5 speed manual (not auto!).
I never regretted waiting for this rare combo.
So, be patient- it is pretty exciting when the car comes in.

boutmuet

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 BMW 328d
dclark said:
Can't really say about '09's, but in case you don't get a reply, I guess mine is better than none!
I ordered my '03 on August/02 and it showed up in November. I have heard of others saying three months as well.
I have hear that they really don't order them, rather, they just get dibs on a car coming in that has what you want. Dunno, can't confirm. I had some dealers perplexed why I wanted to order, they try to sell me what they had, but I wanted an odd ball -Jetta wagon GLS fully loaded with every option, including ESP, heated leather, monsoon, but with a 5 speed manual (not auto!).
I never regretted waiting for this rare combo.
So, be patient- it is pretty exciting when the car comes in.
I appreciate your reply, a reply is better than no replys of course. I too am getting a pretty rare set of options - essentially fully loaded including Sat Nav and Bluetooth for the exception of a stick shift as well! Many of the dealers tried to sell me an aftermarket Nav unit but I thought the factory unit would be covered under warranty where as an aftermarket wouldn't (Don't know if this is true or not but whatever) and I prefer things to be stock. Its an exciting time, I can't wait for my car to come but at the same time I don't mind waiting because I am getting exactly what I want.

Last edited:

boutmuet

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 BMW 328d
MayorDJQ said:
Isn't the bluetooth device a dealer installed item?
Well I had an option of a factory installed option and a Volk-L system.. I opted for that one even though it had to be installed at the dealer. The dealer just lumped that system into the final cost of the car, so I ended up spending less on that unit.