Driver Gear Springs problems HELP!!!!

CetaneMan

TDI
2010 golf tdi
Just recently lowered my 2010 golf tdi 4door on driver gear springs and i am sitting very low. An inch and a bit lower then friends 2010 gas golf on neuspeed springs which are 1.5 inch drop. I have stock rims and worn out tires(showing cord). Wondering if this is why? Anyways i,m scraping my plastic skid plate on everything and i try to avoid everything on the road. My drop looks way too low in the front then the rear and is more like a 2inch drop in the front rather then the 30mm or inch and a bit that vw advertises.

CetaneMan

TDI
2010 golf tdi
My fender to ground on both front sides is 24 1/2 inch and the back is 25 3/4. Measured my clearance under my plastic slid plate and its barely 3inch. Do you guys think the shop might of installed them wrong or are my tires just so worn out and sagging some much that is the reason?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
What is the drop for the Driver Gear springs supposed to be?

CetaneMan

TDI
2010 golf tdi
can't find the specs, weird but its not anymore then 1.5 inchs. Can't imagine that vw would warranty something so low

chrisfiat

Veteran Member
TDI
97 jetta
how about putting the stock springs in for proper ride height and tire life and you won't have to buy a skid plate