Emissions Workshop warning

bojensen

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI (PD) , 2003 Jetta TDI, 2013 Audi A3 Wagon TDI
Good morning. I have two TDI's (2003 and 2005.5) so I have bit experience with the cars but I am a compete newbie to posting things on the internet.

RE: 2005.5 Jetta TDI (PD motor)
Over this past weekend, "Emissions Workshop !" light came. On Car runs fine. Mileage normal. No abnormal exhaut noted. Manual says go to a dealer (which I hate doing but am willing to do so as it us under warratny). I need the car for a couple of days. Will running it in this condition produce some horrible problem I do not wish to encounter ?

Thanks
Bo Jensen

FOG

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 2-Door
bojensen said:
Good morning. I have two TDI's (2003 and 2005.5) so I have bit experience with the cars but I am a compete newbie to posting things on the internet.

RE: 2005.5 Jetta TDI (PD motor)
Over this past weekend, "Emissions Workshop !" light came. On Car runs fine. Mileage normal. No abnormal exhaut noted. Manual says go to a dealer (which I hate doing but am willing to do so as it us under warratny). I need the car for a couple of days. Will running it in this condition produce some horrible problem I do not wish to encounter ?

Thanks
Bo Jensen
:) IF the MIL is not flashing it is OK to go on driving the car. (get the Eng. ECU read soon)
Only if the light is flashing is it NOT good keep driving.
Walt:)

Last edited: