2006 Jetta TDI 5-speed driving to Florida this weekend.

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Nice Ride!

I have NEVER seen that many photos of a car for sale anywhere!
You did ALOT of work. Is there any body rust on the car at all from it living in DC?
I can see that the aluminum in the engine compartment is showing signs of road salt....and the top of the fuel filter housing is rusted....another sign of road salt. Did you inspect it at the back of the front wheel wells underneath the liners for debris and rust? Really really nice car.

Last edited:

atikovi

Veteran Member
It's obviously not as clean as one that's been in the desert all it's life but I didn't see any rust underneath. No I didn't check the liners. That's pretty much how bare aluminum looks after 5 years in the east coast, more from the humidity I think, than from salt.

atikovi

Veteran Member
I've had the car stored at my place in Florida since last July and I'm going back down around Feb 24th if anybody there is interested. If not, I'll be driving it back to DC a week later if anybody up north is interested.

bigsexyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 NB, '04 Jetta
Man what a car. I would drive that back from Florida in a heartbeat but I won't be going down for a while.

Decreppo

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9L
Wow great car, good pictures good price. I just bought a 2006 Jetta or else I would be all over this car.

Question: have you always pushed 60mpg or was that only after the turbo “fix”. I am getting about 45mpg with 90% highway on my commute.