Another video

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Thanks, Richard! Having exactly this problem with a friend's car and was looking for how-to on exactly this problem.
After evacuating the system, do you replace the dryer as well?

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Both of the recent videos are excellent.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Thanks, Richard! Having exactly this problem with a friend's car and was looking for how-to on exactly this problem.
After evacuating the system, do you replace the dryer as well?
Didn't replace the dryer on this one.

There is some logic to the decision of whether or not to replace the dryer. I don't know that, my opinion is always right but, on this repair and some others I do not replace the drier.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Diagnose and change out AC clutch coil on BEW. (same on 1.8T, 2.0 or ALH)

Is it neccessary to evacuate the system to replace the clutch coil on a BEW, or can you just drop the compressor while leaving it connected like you can on an ALH?

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Richard nice video but both are the same….

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
LOL @ LEDs. Did they just buy the vehicle or did they install those and forget that they did?

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Love the fact that you take a logical approach, actually troubleshoot\diagnose, and then even validate your theories when possible before claiming you've found the problem. IMO, that's the biggest take from your videos.

Hopefully, some of the part-chucking grease monkeys who claim to be mechanics (on customer's dime) run across your channel and actually pick up some pointers.

Respect! (y)

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the fuse to blow lol.

I've never seen an automotive fuse blow before. Great video.