I miss the ol'e days

afterthisnap

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta wagons, ALH/CJAA
Would dragging up old drama help? What happened to Kerma TDI?
They were here and active when I joined, now not so much. A little googling pointed to some sort of forum meltdown but I'm out of the loop.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
I miss the ol'e days...the oil wars debates...Laminar flow arguments...tire pressure combats on this forum...no one argues anymore...whats up ???
Skypup , dieseldorf, Lug_Nut , n1das, Drivebiwire
I couldn't possibly fail to disagree with you any less. :p

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Would dragging up old drama help? What happened to Kerma TDI?
They were here and active when I joined, now not so much. A little googling pointed to some sort of forum meltdown but I'm out of the loop.
thats funny you bring that up. Chris over at KERMA also worked at (no idea the relation) eurospectuning. EurospecTuning up and VANISHED like a fart in the wind. NO communication available with ANYONE i was talking to for about 2 months, about a few days each week. i was told not to pry into what happend and when i found out, i was sworn by (i cant say who) (*IT WAS SOMEONE who was involved with both partied but did not work directly for either company " the're the same company or something") to not say what i was told. basically an s'storm came down and messed up a lot of people. no one will talk about it for some leagal reasons due to some payout or something.... i have said too much......

Kerma is still going strong last i checked but they have (as far as i know of) disappeared in the last year from these forums and i think its due to the reason i cant mention above.

kinda pissed because im still looking for a 100mm stoker crank and they where the only ones who had them evidently. im still on a treasurhunt

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I too enjoy a good spirited discussion every now and again. But people have gotten so thin skinned it takes much of the fun out of it. I remember one entertaining thread about whether or not car forums are social media.
Gotten so I try to answer in the most non-confrontational even apologetic manner possible. Twice I've been threatened via PM for giving advice/opinion.
Brother, I straight up got a death threat via PM from one of the members in this thread. I hope his mental health has improved. Spirited arguments= good. Threats of violence= seek help. :D.
Good to hear from you Herm. I'll be visiting my mother on Horshoe Pond sometime this week- they got a Irish Setter pup today!! And power back. Wish I could say the same.

afterthisnap

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta wagons, ALH/CJAA
i have said too much......

Kerma is still going strong last i checked but they have (as far as i know of) disappeared in the last year from these forums and i think its due to the reason i cant mention above.

haha, see? So much drama! A cursory google search pulls up all types of weird accusations which all flame out without conclusion.

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Who remembers "Mickey" ?
When I first joined the forum I would sworn and be damned that he was not a real person ! I thought he was some sort of algorithm imbedded into the chat architecture...something like an evil artificial intelligence ...he had this inate ability to pizz off people then disapear for a few days...then back at it later.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Hammerhead turbos vs 17/22 debates (Street toys)