2015 Jetta (EA288) with P20E8 AdBlue fault - reductant pressure too low

Elbrus

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
I have a 2015 Jetta with a P20E8 Fault. AdBlue repair covered under warranty at 1 year and 22,000 miles. Started with CEL and progressed 3 days later to a mileage warning before no restart.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Welcome to TDIClub!

I moved this post out of the Passat AdBlue heater P202A discussion thread and into its own thread in the Mk6 Jetta forum. Is there any chance you can post the details from your service invoice?

In a cursory Internet search, it seems that P20E8 is for "reductant pressure too low," which to me means the AdBlue pump is bad or something else is causing low fluid pressure.

Last edited:

Elbrus

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
Thanks VeeDubTDI,

Sorry about that last post, You may want to delete that.

I'll admit I found the forum when searching for information on the emission scandal. Hopefully the invoice image pasted below works.
I have been informed by the dealer that these parts are no longer in stock and need to be back ordered, about 2 weeks. Presumably because there has been a sudden failure of these due to the cold snap here and VW is possibly making a change to these. It looks like you get 3 starts after exceeding the 600 mile limit warning, in my case anyway. I would think the part shortage is real because the dealer gave me a loaner until it’s fixed.

2015 Jetta TDI 20804 miles,

The Invoice reads:
POO Part on Order 447 IDSP (N/C)
Fault P20E8 Found Faulty Reductant Agent Supply Line Faulty
Ordered Part Will Call When Part Arrives

B Complimementary 29 Point Inspection
Cause 29 PT Vehicle Inspection (N/C)

Elbrus

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Thanks VeeDubTDI,

Sorry about that last post, You may want to delete that.

I'll admit I found the forum when searching for information on the emission scandal. Hopefully the invoice image pasted below works.
I have been informed by the dealer that these parts are no longer in stock and need to be back ordered, about 2 weeks. Presumably because there has been a sudden failure of these due to the cold snap here and VW is possibly making a change to these. It looks like you get 3 starts after exceeding the 600 mile limit warning, in my case anyway. I would think the part shortage is real because the dealer gave me a loaner until it’s fixed.

2015 Jetta TDI 20804 miles,

The Invoice reads:
POO Part on Order 447 IDSP (N/C)
Fault P20E8 Found Faulty Reductant Agent Supply Line Faulty
Ordered Part Will Call When Part Arrives

B Complimementary 29 Point Inspection
Cause 29 PT Vehicle Inspection (N/C)

Elbrus
You can delete both those mega posts through the edit feature.