• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

2001 VW Golf GL TDI For Sale

RobG

Great looking dark green Golf GL, no power windows. Car has 24,000 mostly all highway miles. All maintenance records and vehicle mileage records are available. I'll throw in a Bentley Manual, 2 quarts of Petro Canada 10W-40 and 5 quarts of Castrol 10W-40.

I love the car, but dealer service has been a hassle, that's why I'm selling. I bought a Honda over the weekend, so I must sell the VW.

Asking $14,500/OBO. Digital photo available if you want to see. If interested email me at gribbenr@saic-abingdon.com

Little Jack

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL Reflex Silver 2001
I own the same year and model as you. When assessing the value of a vehicle, I use "Edmunds.com". I find it has the most realistic pricing information. Our cars, with comparable mileage, sell for roughly $11,200. You may be able to get more, and I hope that you do. Its a shame you are selling because of poor service. Good luck!
Bob

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
I own the same year and model as you. When assessing the value of a vehicle, I use "Edmunds.com". I find it has the most realistic pricing information. Our cars, with comparable mileage, sell for roughly $11,200. You may be able to get more, and I hope that you do. Its a shame you are selling because of poor service. Good luck!
Bob
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Edmunds is very unrealistic and primarily serves as a tool for dealers to rip people on trade in. I checked online for the same model and comparable mileage in all of the US and could not find one car for less than $13K. The problem with Edmunds is that you can seldom buy a car for the price that Edmunds states is the selling price.

Also I would have to say that it is better to privately email the seller with advice about selling price unless they are really out of line on their selling price.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hi Little Jack, As I posted many times before, Edmunds is not a real world pricing guide. It is generally used by dealers to rip trade-ins. You find me a vehicle like RobG's for $11,200 and I'll eat my shorts. His pricing is close to where it should be. CA KBB wholesale with no adds is $13,700. KBB Retail is over $16K. I would say $14K would be a smokin deal for this vehicle. Whoops, Oberkanone beat me to it with a correct overview. Later!

[ October 15, 2002, 10:33: Message edited by: Harvieux ]

RobG

I based that price on Edmunds private party selling price and based upon what I've seen on Cars.com, Autobytel.com, etc. $14,500 is a great deal on this car, especially given the condition and the way its been maintained. I don't know if I'll get it, I may take it to Carmax and see what they quote me. If you can get this car for $11,200 more power to you, that's a real steal considering I payed almost $17k only 1-1/2 years ago.

wuznme

Veteran Member
if using edmunds.com as rating the car, rate it as clean and than add $1k to the private party price and you should be good( or not depending how you look at it) this particular one is $11,000 + $1K = $12,000

which is about right for a 01' GL Golf, thats going on 2 years old. new they invoice @ $15,800

how could you think the value of the car only dropped $1,300?

and if you are going to carmax, better be looking for around $10,500 for it.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
posted by wuznme-this particular one is $11,000 + $1K = $12,000

which is about right for a 01' GL Golf, thats going on 2 years old
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So where are the 2001 GL Golfs with less than 25,000 miles being sold for $12K? I can't find any listed online. And the MSRP for a new Golf GL TDI is about $16,900.

Do you know how many Golf TDI Carmax has for sale? One, and it has 68K miles, is a 2000 and is listed at $12,600.

And as I said before "Also I would have to say that it is better to privately email the seller with advice about selling price unless they are really out of line on their selling price".

Give RobG the courtesy of a private email with pricing advice.

RobG

Look online and see what they are selling for, I should at least be able to get close to those numbers. I think $12,000 on a trade-in is realistic and $14,000 retail is realistic.

Harvieux

TDI
Hi Folks, Bottom line here is that Edmunds has made the vehicle buying experience very dangerous for both the private party and the dealer. You get these people pulling these unrealistic values and thinking it's gospel until they wake up and smell the coffee. Sure, you can sometimes get TDI's at ungodly low prices from venues such as eBay but, unless you know exactly what you are doing, you will only get what you pay for. I agree that we should refrain from debating this topic on RobG's thread but, at least he's getting free bumps, ehh?
this particular one is $11,000 + $1K = $12,000

which is about right for a 01' GL Golf, thats going on 2 years old. new they invoice @ $15,800

how could you think the value of the car only dropped $1,300?

and if you are going to carmax, better be looking for around $10,500 for it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">wuznme, Do you really think Carmax is going to offer $10,500 for this and then resell at $12,000 which is what you think it's worth? Later!

[ October 16, 2002, 14:58: Message edited by: Harvieux ]

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Originally posted by RobG:
I payed almost $17k only 1-1/2 years ago.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">$17k for a GL?!

I bought my 2000 Golf GLS TDI (4 doors, power windows, cassette, 5 speed) used in March 2002 (only 2 years old) with 45k miles and only paid $14,600.

Harvieux

TDI
Hi ProjektZwoTDI, Believe it or not, most did not buy their TDI's at invoice or even $500 over. Most VW dealers will do everything possible to keep these at MSRP because it's in their blood, so to speak. $17K is very close to MSRP in 01. Later!

wuznme

Veteran Member
Originally posted by RobG:
Look online and see what they are selling for, I should at least be able to get close to those numbers. I think $12,000 on a trade-in is realistic and $14,000 retail is realistic.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go see what they will give you at Carmax, I know the manager at a couple of the Metro area locations, and without seeing the car one told me around $10,800-$11,600 for a 2 year old Golf GL TDI.

No dealer is going to give you an excellent condition rating on the car at trade-in time, only when time to sell will they say its excellent condition, most give between good/fair.

Just becasue you don't see any listed for less than $14k doesn't mean they are selling,

heres one that will sit forever

http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/standard/results/single/ld/detail.jhtml?paId=30016357&aff=national&src=&cid=

heres one that comes to mind for a good price, called them its sold and it sold for $13,600 according to the person on the phone

WOW!! which I had looked earlier!

http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/standard/results/single/ld/detail.jhtml?paId=30037093&aff=national&src=&cid=

Not everyone looks at the TDI as a reason to mark up the price, hell they are a dime a dozen around here, maybe not with all the options you want but still.

RobG good luck with the sale, better pricing will always bring a quicker sale which is the only reason I posted what I did you seemed a little anxious to sell. I didn't mean to poop in your thread.

You just bought a Honda? Did you try to trade the TDI? What did they say?

Harvieux

TDI
Hi wuznme, Let's give the man a break! I think his original post reflects $14,500 OBO (Or Best Offer). Later!

RobG

I didn't trade it in because they don't give you **** on trade-ins. Anyway, if you don't like the price, I don't much care. If someone wants to make a reasonable offer, I'll consider it, if not I'll take it to Carmax and avoid the hassle all together.

wuznme

Veteran Member
what color interior?

is the bad service from routine maintenance?

or

is it from a problem with the car?

RobG

Combination of both wuznme. At 20k service I caught them not replacing the fuel filter and not rotating the tires. The car was there for a week and I left a list of items for the manager that I knew were included in the free service. He pretty much ignored my list and just changed the oil. So I had to bring the car back and make them complete the service, another 1/2 day's work missed.

I also had a relay short that took out the trans. control module. The second time the module failed I told them to check the relays. They insisted they did. After 2 weeks of trying to find the problem to no avail, they determine that in fact a relay was bad. They replaced the module and relay and it's running great now. They did get a nice big grease stain on the front seat. The seat cover is getting replaced under warranty.

Since I don't know a good VW mechanic and I don't trust the dealers, I decided to sell. I had originally planned on doing maint. myself but I am very busy and don't want to commit to that.

And I owned a Honda years ago that I liked a lot and service was never a problem.

wuznme

Veteran Member
not trying to keep you in line, wanted to know what service issues were, and if it wasn't tan interior I would be more interested.

thanks