Duramax Diesel LLY

bmercer

TDI
2004 & 2002 Jetta
I have new 2005 Chevy duramax diesel truck. I was wondering if anyone has unhooked the egr valve on their truck? If so did the engine light come on and did the mileage go up?

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
Umm, this is a TDI site... ?

Going out on a limb here: this being a 2005 and all, I doubt you can just disconnect the EGR w/o getting a CEL--it probably has 1) some sort of feedback path at the valve, to tell if the electrics are connected or not, and 2) some method (perhaps an O2 sensor, like my '04 TDI) to determine if the EGR is doing what it ought to--if it's not, it'll still trigger a CEL.

Why not run biodiesel, use good motor oil, and investigate reworking the crankcase ventilation system to catch wayword oil vapors (w/o releasing directly into the atmosphere)?

y22man

Veteran Member
Well, I know a bunch of guys are doing this on the Ford 6.0. I have not cruised the Dmax site in a while. I have not seen posts about this on the dmax site. I would research on this site. See what you find.

The Diesel Page

Most of us have other diesel vehicles and view other sites. Do not run Bio in your Dmax, yet. There has been a lot of sensors that have been reporting problems. From what I have researched on this topic, it has someting to do with the emissions sensors. There are a lot of people looking into that issue.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
Go to the dieselplace.com

Some have done it, and I dont know if it makes any difference.