Window Regulator Clips?

kerouacknew

TDI
jetta 2000 blue
Hi,
i have a 2000 jetta tdi and the drivers side window has fallen off the track, the clips have broken. Where can i purchase these clips online? Is there a kit to buy? I have the door panel off but have not removed the inner panel yet. Downloaded a pdf for it but taking off the door lock scares me somewhat. Is this fairly straightforward or should i take it to my mechanic?
thanks
shawn

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
may be a diy for you as us canadians are not so ucky with getting it done for free but ya never know till you try, most dealers around here told me a 2 year think 40 to 60k kms, but in the US it's an unlimited milage 7 year warrenty.

Tybrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDi
Canada is unlimited 7 year, Im in today for the same reason. BUT for a 2000 they need to make sure that the build date is within 7 years. Mines good by 2 months! Im sure it would be tight up untill the day if it needed to be.

unL33T

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
I was told by my dealer that there was a KM limit and you had to be the original owner. If anyone thinks this is wrong let me know so I can go harass my dealer for my $47 back.

I bought the kit from the dealer for $47. The new clips are FAR better. The repair wasn't too hard.

You don't need to remove the latch/lock assembly. Leave it attached to the inside panel. You do need to disconnect the latch cable and take out the two "triple square" bolts that hold the latch to the door. I think a T40 should work on these bolts if you don't want to buy the special bit. I was told this bit is special order for about $50.

If your door latch sensors are flaky you might want to replace those with the Radio Shack part while you're at it if you know how to solder.

Tybrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDi
leet, I just went in today with 174 000 km on my car, and they replaced it for free. waterloo vw. They told me it was a 7 year thing, km's were just a sign that it could be past the 7 years.

unL33T

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
Boo. Ripped off by the stealer. :( I guess I'll have to see if I can find the receipt and get my $50 back. At the same time I'll try to get them to do the passenger side (I fixed that one myself with some wire and tape while replacing the lock sensor because I didn't have the window clip kit at the time, it hasn't fallen apart again yet).

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
wierd i went to all the dealers around here and got different answers, from 2 year 40k kms to 4 year 80k kms and vw of canada at the time told me that the 7 year unlimited was only for the US cars... glad to see it's changed now.

Keith_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta MT
And those of us who purchased used...

The right side front window had this problem addressed during TB #! replacement with the previous owner. The dealer did NOT replace the driver's side...as such, I PAID for the kit, only to see the right side was done when the TB was done.

It appears the right side failed at the dealer as they repaired the damage to the tint. But I repaired the left with parts I purchased. VWoA denied the claim.

If you have a right side failure, I have parts. For one.

kerouacknew

TDI
jetta 2000 blue
Hi,
I emailed VW canada about this but have not gotten a reply back yet.
Is it best to purchase at impex or at the dealer(is it the same price). Do i just purchase the clips are is there a kit with everything i need? I think i will attempt myself and save me the cost of the labour.
thanks
shawn

unL33T

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
It's a kit which includes clips for both sides plus the cables for one side. If you follow the how-to's on VWVortex for taking your door apart it isn't too hard.

Getting the cables back in can be a bit of challenge though. I have no suggestions on how to do it easily. I just fought with them for awhile till I got them back on.