Gorgeous 02 beetle volkswagen tdi diesel 69k orig miles cyber green auto no accidents

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
Well it's down about 50% from the original asking price when it first debuted on Hudson Valley CL for its many months long run of continuous price drops.

You're getting closer, almost approaching the border area of the neighborhood of reality, maybe, if someone really wants to put up with an old 01M.

crash400

Veteran Member
TDI
Well it's down about 50% from the original asking price when it first debuted on Hudson Valley CL for its many months long run of continuous price drops.
You're getting closer, almost approaching the border area of the neighborhood of reality, maybe, if someone really wants to put up with an old 01M.
I have this exact car, but one year newer and with a sunroof. I'd like to know if he gets his ask--or even close, because I'll move mine too.

Though his looks great, and all off the stuff I've done to that car, the 01M has been (knock on wood) absolutely bulletproof. I've had to do an alternator (the worst thing I've ever done, ever, no kidding), and the interior, which was upsetting just because it went so fast. Oh, and the insanely expensive injection pump, which was merely...expensive. But the engine and transmission have been *great*.

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
That is a very clean looking car! The challenge is the Automatic and the potential issues with it. I was to buy it, I would be collecting the 5spd swap parts and doing that soon after getting it.

Price might be a bit rich for me. With the exchange, that is close to what I paid for my 99 with similar miles but 12 years ago.

Anyway, good luck with the sale!

Vervedgman

TDI
GOLF TDI, BEETLE TDI
ACTUALLY Im glad someone from NY actually watching my ad LOL, but months ago I wasnt serious about selling it. Its not going any lower that much I can say. Its not easy to find a 69K mile TDI all original and clean as mine. $7K Is very fair for it. Since in the past Ive posted low mileage Gasoline ones for about 5K, and only MKIVs not newer. I just grab these from time to time. Anyway and AT LEAST BUY IT and keep driving it til the automatic blows but the mileage is very low not to worry. My 02 GOLF went 200k before starting to have 01M issues. Anyway thank for good luck pat. =)

Vervedgman

TDI
GOLF TDI, BEETLE TDI
AND FYI, I dont know where you get 50% lower than months ago. Months ago it was sitting in my driveway not ready to sell. You are saying I was asking 14K???? Typical NY EXAGGERATION hating. BUt thanks

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
AND FYI, I dont know where you get 50% lower than months ago. Months ago it was sitting in my driveway not ready to sell. You are saying I was asking 14K???? Typical NY EXAGGERATION hating. BUt thanks
......but months ago I wasnt serious about selling it.....
So which one was it? Oh it was there, listed, October? Maybe, definitely Nov. I remember nearly spitting out my coffee at the ask and then seeing it drop to the next firm, don't make me any lower offer price every week or two. Always along with the same respect my price, this is firm, you'll never find one like this overblown fluff hype.

I said about 50%. So what, maybe you started at $13.5.

Anyone curious enough will find wayback their friend.

Vervedgman

TDI
GOLF TDI, BEETLE TDI
Im done talking to you buddy. All what you are describing isnt me. Just go about your biz. Im only interested to find a buyer who appreciates this and the price. Thanks

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
I’ve seen this car or one just like it listed for sale many times. I remember thinking the price was really high.

Did anybody see that ‘03 Jetta wagon 5mt with 15k original miles listed on Autotrader a couple months ago? I think they only wanted $9k for it. It was legit, I spoke with the guy who got it. He said it was basically brand new.

FYI a automatic beetle is probably the least desirable ALH powered TDI.

jayb79

Top Post Dawg
I think 7k is fair for a car this nice, the auto is the only bad thing, if it was a 5 speed I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Nice low mile ALHs are becoming very hard to find. If it was 5k I would buy it and make it a 5spd :)

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Yes, low mileage ALH cars are disappearing at an alarming rate but...these cars are like the Energizer Bunny, just keeps going. I don't think a low miles car is worth it as you could pick up a super janky beetle for 500 and put 4 or 5k in it and have the same thing but with actual new parts not 16 year old parts that have few miles on them. I guess that's the do your own work part in me.

I wouldn't own one if I didn't do my own work, the cost of having a timing belt replaced by itself is a show stopper for me much less the suspension work (bushings and maybe other stuff) and everything else that happens

Love the car and good luck with a sell

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Vervedgman

TDI
GOLF TDI, BEETLE TDI
TO jayb79

If you want to give me $6500 and pull out and give me all the auto transmission stuff thats FINE with me lol! But cant really go lower=)IM sure if you swapped your 5pd you would enjoy the car for another 15 years=)

Vervedgman

TDI
GOLF TDI, BEETLE TDI
If anyone real serious next few days and willing to remove the auto trans stuff, Ill do $6000 but you have to come somewhere NEAR me if you have a shop/friends house to remove. I can wait there while you remove. Since I See this is such huge thing doing to auto manual swap=)