Looking at a 2011 Golf Highline - any advice?

Chris I

TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 98' Jetta TDI (sold)
Good morning all,
I'm going to look at a 2011 Golf Highline tomorrow. It has 130,000KM on it now, but it was involved in a small accident on the passenger rear side and since repaired. I have been told that the rear ceiling airbag was deployed and need to be replaced. The asking price is considerably lower for these reasons.
What are some key things I should be looking out for? My first inclination is to run away but seeing that it is thousands less, I figured I'd at least have a look.
Thank you

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
Service records, service records service records, if it is a auto you hope the fluid has been changed, if it has a sunroof open and close it a few times, good luck

da.hs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf, DSG, silver (from new). 2010 Audi Q7 (from 2016), 2004 Touareg V10 (from 2018)
Check the bodywork around the repair areas carefully and get records for that repair if it's recent. My Golf was rear-ended hard about 3 years ago: the hatch was replaced, among other things, and the new hatch was starting to show an orange tinge at the lower edge after 11 months. The body shop re-painted it under their warranty and no further issues. It's also at 130,000km