Dpf Temps

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Today I decided to watch a regen.

Started with 18gram Calc and 24gram measured.

Towards the end block 99 and 100 where showing over 850*C for dpf and cat sensors.

After it was done I obviously waited until it dropped to 300s.

Isn't 850c a bit high?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
it is a bit high, but I have seen that as well

your measured soot seems a bit high, as does the calculated soot.

I usually see the regen start at 16.2g or 16.5 g, and never see the measured soot over ten.

you can watch the DPF status to see which regen is going on when, if you like.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Been doing small 2 mile trips. Temp gauge never moves. So I don't make any heat. Plus I dump 10-16oz of 2stroke for every fill up. It's cracked. Injector pump is priority now.

Once I get a light I'll drive until it's finished. But today I decided to watch it, and it seemed a bit warm.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
I only see that kind of temps on a deSox regen.

I have my PF03 reading in f instead of c, so my wife can see the intake air temp in a number she is familiar with.

but when I had the scangauge hooked up, i watched exhaust temps in c.

your driving seems to match the soot figures.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I just did some research, I agree. Ted besides soot burning, the system will hold the egr closed, plus dump raw fuel = really high temp moments of desox activity.

Poor turbo.

I need to get this junk deleted before it ruins something else.

Obviously the dpf can't take its own heat, g12/13 can't handle the heat, and turbos can only take a so much heat.

Just to use more fuel, costly fragile components, and make the pollution smaller so it's guaranteed to be absorbed by the capillaries.

Tell, trump is in office. Maybe things will change. Ha.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Hey, been running super tech 2stroke, about 200:1 to 150:1 mix.

Not sure if it's related directly, or just coincidence, but measure soot has said zero the past 3 tanks.

Wonder if it helps it burn it off, or if the dpf is really that cracked to the point it doesnt build back pressure for the ecm to assume for working values in regards to the math calculations.

Sent from my S-Off'ed HTC One...