What will a Passat with splash guards/mud flaps look like?

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
I am going to order some splash guards (mud flaps) to put on my 96 Passat Wagon. Can someone post a picture of their Passat (sedan or wagon) with the splash guards. I just want an idea of what it looks like. Or you can email it to me if that is more convenient. Thanks.
-Nick

brownnugen@hotmail.com

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Nick, the OEM flaps are very low profile=>

see what I mean? They're nearly invisible. Just get yourself a set. They are a useful addition.

Chris, that certainly is a handsome wagon you have!

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
Fellas, thanks for the pictures. I purchased both front and rear flaps through the dealer and now I have another question:

For the rears; do yo worry about corrosion from the 3 holes you drill on each side to mount the flaps?

For the front and rears: do you need to periodically take the flaps off to clean between the flaps and the body? For the fronts, it looks pretty simple, but I was concerned about the rear because if you loosen and tighten the self-tapping screws enough, doesn't that "weaken" the area tapped and eventually the hole gets bigger and then the screws are ineffective? and what about corrosion? (see first question)

Thanks,
_Nick

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks everyone. I put the front and rear splash guards on last week and it was pretty simple and looks very clean. One note though, I recommend cleaning out behind the liner thingy because I pulled out about 1 pound of mud and other crap that built up in the last 5 years.
-Nick