Mk5 spoiler on Mk6

timmark

TDI
2010 Golf TDI - Black
Hi,

I ordered my 2010 Golf TDI a few months ago.

I'm looking to buy a spoiler. Does anyone know if a spoiler designed for the 2009 Mk5 Golf will fit on an MK6?

Tim

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
FYI, there was no golf in 2009, GTI and Rabbit, no golf.

BumbleBeeTJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG
the 2010 GTI's have a nice size roof spoiler standard(overhang some part of the rear window)

on the other hand, JSW does not...i wish we did

sportriderseattle

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr, 6-speed manual, sunroof, CWP, Votex kit, roof spoiler, 35 tint
Votex makes one that you can get thru your parts counter at the dealer. I have it on my car. It's slightly different than the GTI as it has an open slat in it.

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2010 JSW - retired
sportriderseattle said:
Votex makes one that you can get thru your parts counter at the dealer. I have it on my car. It's slightly different than the GTI as it has an open slat in it.

anyone know what kind of mileage hit with this spoiler if any? I'd like to get one, but not if it lowers mileage.

sportriderseattle

Veteran Member
TDI
dpg said:
anyone know what kind of mileage hit with this spoiler if any? I'd like to get one, but not if it lowers mileage.
if you look at my FUELLY signature it will show you. I have no clue if the rear spoiler improves mileage, but I appear to be getting just about the highest mileage for any 2010 TDI Golf.

jnecr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d
I doubt a spoiler like that would make a noticeable hit in MPGs.
It does look nice though!

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
sportriderseattle said:
if you look at my FUELLY signature it will show you. I have no clue if the rear spoiler improves mileage, but I appear to be getting just about the highest mileage for any 2010 TDI Golf.

Yea i saw your fuelly sig and saw that you are getting some good mileage there. Are you mostly highway mileage?

sportriderseattle

Veteran Member
TDI
dpg said:
Yea i saw your fuelly sig and saw that you are getting some good mileage there. Are you mostly highway mileage?
probably 75% highway when I get 46-49 per tank and probably 50/50 when I get 42-44 per tank.

TXRanger83

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
sportriderseattle said:
looks good man!!!

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
sportriderseattle said:
probably 75% highway when I get 46-49 per tank and probably 50/50 when I get 42-44 per tank.

thanks, im sure i can pull better numbers by changing my driving habits. haha still just having fun with the car:D

sportriderseattle

Veteran Member
TDI
dpg said:
thanks, im sure i can pull better numbers by changing my driving habits. haha still just having fun with the car:D
I suspect most new owners are getting lower mileage simply because the car is new. Getting use to it, having fun with it to see what it can do by racing around a bit is very normal for a new car. After the newness and total mind blowing fun wear off, I'm sure most people will settle down a bit, drive more conservative and get better and more consistent mileage.

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
sportriderseattle said:
I suspect most new owners are getting lower mileage simply because the car is new. Getting use to it, having fun with it to see what it can do by racing around a bit is very normal for a new car. After the newness and total mind blowing fun wear off, I'm sure most people will settle down a bit, drive more conservative and get better and more consistent mileage.

yea definitely not racing around in it, but i am putting it through its paces for the break in. letting the revs climb a little before shifting and what not. I'll probably calm it down in a 1k miles. Coming from a modified vette to this car is a major downgrade in power, but not complaining about the mileage :D the vette was real good on gas till i threw a cam into it :D

Camarones

Veteran Member
TDI
Formerly 2010 Golf TDI 6M 4dr UGM, 2001 Golf TDI
Ok I'll bite... how much for the votex spoiler at the dealer or Impex? I've been contemplating getting a GTI take-off on the Vortex (kinda tough this week!). But I'm not gonna drop $500 on a spoiler and I have a feeling that's about where its priced....

Edit: Ouch. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4650019

Last edited: