2014 Jetta.... tires F@$&ed in 12k miles.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Changed my oil about 12/13,000 miles ago and rotated the tires, they were low but I just wanted enough out of them till it turn it back in. I want it a bit longer so I put my snows on..... found this when I took them off.

Any idea what happened?

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Around 55k on the tires. They came on it in 2014 when I bought the car.

My concern is what would cause this? About 62k of issue free driving then in the last 12-13k it completely messes up the tires. Even after a week on the snows I can feel it wearing them like this.

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
You got 55K of driving out of those tires and you are complaining? Move on. It looks like tire inflation is too high and/or alignment needs to be done.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
You got 55K of driving out of those tires and you are complaining? Move on. It looks like tire inflation is too high and/or alignment needs to be done.

No it's not the 55k part. It's the sudden innner wear for no reason. All 4 at the same time.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
55K - they simply gave up!

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
Looks like the toe in or out is not set correctly. I had this on my van and it ate tires. Kills mileage as well.

Your signature says your car is lowered and has GLI spindles. When that work was done, did the alignment get done afterwards?

As far as tire life, my wife's Mini Cooper has 14K miles (22,000kms) on it and has already eaten its first set of Bridgestone Run Flats :( It's only on its third oil change!

If we could get close to 55K miles, we would be very happy but not when the tires are showing off their belts! That's a different story.