Front Bumper Options?

captaintofuburger

TDI
03 Golf TDI | 2014 JSW
Came out this morning to see someone backed into my JSW and smashed the front bumper and hood emblem in. The cover will have to be replaced. Will the euro spec golf R kit from ecs fit my jsw? Or if I go factory, has anyone ordered from vwpartsvortex.com? they have a cover for only $305.

Edit: Derp... says right on their page it will fit, don't know how I kept missing that. Does anyone know what needs to be done for coding?

Last edited:

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen TDI/M6; 2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins/M6 Mega Cab; 2011 Jetta TDI/M6 (sold)
Here are pix of my 2011 JSW with the GTI front end on it. The only mismatch we could see is the pressed wheel well was thicker on the bumper cover than the fenders. If you zoom in you can see the difference was like half an inch or so.

I also installed the fogs and ordered the Euro headlight switch so it was wired like factory.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=7039

captaintofuburger

TDI
03 Golf TDI | 2014 JSW
Here are pix of my 2011 JSW with the GTI front end on it. The only mismatch we could see is the pressed wheel well was thicker on the bumper cover than the fenders. If you zoom in you can see the difference was like half an inch or so.

I also installed the fogs and ordered the Euro headlight switch so it was wired like factory.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=7039
Oh awesome, yeah so my JSW doesn't have fogs, I looked into the euro swicth and adding them. Is that a PnP thing? Or is there coding? Honestly, I'm much better at mk3s, I don't know much how this car works. I found a good local shop I'm taking my mk4 to, I would assume they have a vag-com. All I own is the cheapie one, and a vag-can commander, which is a pretty sketch tool but I was able to code mk5s and b6's with it to some extent.