Still no fix for stereo Bluetooth problem on RCD-510?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yeah this update is for the RCD-510... you have the RNS-510.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Just spoke with dealership, they state due to build date of my car (12/20/12) it was done at factory. Hope he is right.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Can you call Customer Care to verify that this is the case?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Update works beautifully! Bluetooth audio now sounds AMAZING (amazing being relative since it isn't a Fender :(). I'm sitting in the driveway just listening to it... Never done that before!

Big thumbs up to the VW software engineers and the awesome tech at the dealer who shot the bull with me for a few minutes when I picked up the car. :cool:

Issues fixed:
1.) Bluetooth mono audio
2.) auto play on phone
3.) Bluetooth audio too loud compared to other sources.

r11

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT (BB'd), 2015 Passat TDI SE 6MT
Amen on kudos to ze germans. Me, my Samsung Galaxy S2 and the 64GB microSD card in it, are all smiles now :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yeah - it takes a long time to push all of the new information to the control modules. I didn't stick around and watch - had them drop me off at home and pick me back up because they were also diagnosing a clogged sunroof drain.

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Our car is at the dealer now. Had to give them the tsb number, they hadn't heard or done one yet. Hopefully its ready by the end of the day.

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Anyone with issues after install? wife says won't auto connect phone when car is started and it won't hang up phone calls from starting wheel control.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I had an issue re-pairing my phone after the update. I completely disconnected and the reconnected it and it was been working flawlessly ever since.

Darkone

TDI
'15 A8L TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI
For the guys whom had this upgrade and have VIM hack; does your VIM still work after upgrade?

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
I got my RCD-510 updated yesterday and the streaming audio now sounds great ! Happy camper now . Also in my dealers computer the tsb# had been changed with a /2 on the end instead of /1 so maybe they updated the flash again .

VeeDubTDI

TDI
/2 must be the new update. I'll correct my earlier posts.

BarrieCommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI Highline 6MT
I've got the 2011 jetta but the dealership here says that the update is not relevant to my car although it does have an RCD-510. Anyone else in the same position as me and trying to get a fix?

banshee365

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Does this update apply to SEL Premium's with Fender? I can't seem to come to a conclusion on that looking through these thread's.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I've got the 2011 jetta but the dealership here says that the update is not relevant to my car although it does have an RCD-510. Anyone else in the same position as me and trying to get a fix?
The TSB says it applies to 2012 and 2013 models with the RCD-510.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
Well, is your bluetooth audio (music) in mono, and does the music player application on the phone start to play (silently) when the phone connects to the car? It took me actually a bit of playing with the balance to verify the mono transmission; I guess I'm just not a very discerning music listener. :D

If you don't have those problems, then there wouldn't be any point in updating your firmware.

For my update, it took the technician at the dealer a while (4 1/2 hours) to get to the point where he could start the update. This was despite the fact that I had stopped by before and talked about the update, and sent them email with the update info, and brought a printout of an email with all the points I wanted taken care of with me. But I had a loaner, so it didn't matter. Just had to keep it over night.

galoot

TDI
'13 Passat TDI
I have an sel with fender system. My blue tooth plays in stereo but also starts automatically when paired but not selected. Then when stopped my phone keeps playing

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
Press and hold the setup button on the radio. After 5-10 seconds a new screen will appear. Press the version box at the bottom. If it says 1k0035180AE or AF with SW 02 then the update applies to you. If its an AF with SW 02 you can install the update yourself if you have VCDS and an SD card. I have the file for AF radios. No, it won't work on any other radio other than AF's with SW 02 so please don't PM me asking me if it'll work with your radio. If you have an AF with SW02 I'll send you the file, but if you don't have vcds you can't install it.

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
To add another anecdote, I had my RCD-510 updated last month at my 10k service and it's working perfectly now. The colors on the display are a little different and some of the virtual button labels have changed but the BT is working as it should have all along. I'm not sure how long the process took as I had planned to leave the car all day anyway while I was at work.

MikeTV

Veteran Member
TDI
Non-TDI 3.6 SE
To add another anecdote, I had my RCD-510 updated last month at my 10k service and it's working perfectly now. The colors on the display are a little different...
I've read about that on another forum...the color scheme is different. Does it make the display more difficult to read?

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
I didn't notice anything. But then, I hadn't even noticed there IS a color scheme. :) I try to keep mine as dark and unobtrusive as possible. Still looking for the option to turn the display off while streaming audio.