PSA: Cayenne TDi Intercoolers are ALL aluminum, and 1/2" thicker

yrktreg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Treg TDi Exec, 2010 JSW TDi DSG
So in my quest for better than factory intercoolers for our 2014 TDi Exec. I came across the Porsche Cayenne intercoolers which are ALL aluminum versus just an aluminum core with leaky plastic end tanks in our Touaregs. The Cayenne end tanks are welded directly onto the core so they won't leak, and as an extra bonus the core itself is 2-1/2 inches thick instead of the stock Touareg 2".

I know that these will work on the T3's, and I think that they can also work on T1's and T2's even the V10's as the part numbers seem to be the same across the Touaregs from my research, but please double check me before ordering for a T1 or T2.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Interesting! I will have to check my bosses wife's Cayenne next time he brings it to work to compare.

yrktreg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Treg TDi Exec, 2010 JSW TDi DSG
Interesting! I will have to check my bosses wife's Cayenne next time he brings it to work to compare.
Please do, I compared my stock 2014's with the aftermarket ones that I bought.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Damn you. Stole the downpipe i wanted and now I need to look for intercoolers too.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Have you found a good source for them yet? Seems like new aftermarket ones on ebay are cheaper than used OEM. But wonder if they will have thicker core.