Climatic interior temperature - could someone help please?

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Greetings,

my colleague is having a problem with his Mk6 (Climatic system). The cabin heat is very poor.
I checked the thermostat (not stuck open), checked the pipes to heat exchanger inside the cabin (really hot to touch, both of them).

When I hooked up VCDS, went to 08-Auto HVAC -> Adv. Measuring Values and in Search I entered "temperature", I found that for footwell and center vents temperature the values are dispayed as 0 *C and Interior Temperature is shown as 27 *C no matter of the real temperature.

I suspect this may be the problem causing no/poor cabin heat.

Could anyone please devote some of their time, hook up the VCDS to their Mk6 equipped with simple Climatic system (not Climatronic) and check the values being displayed in these blocks?

I think there are no sensors installed for footwell as well as center vents but the interior temperature reading seems to be really weird...

Before we pull the trigger to buy a new module, it'd be really useful to get a confirmation that the actual Interior temperature is indeed the fault.

Thanks a lot, your input is appreciated!

Last edited:

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
Interesting... I've also noticed that the diverted defrost+floor heat to the footwells aren't the best on the more frigid mornings. When I get a chance I'll have a look at some of those ecu readouts to see what I'm dealing with. Thanks for the pointer.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Would really appreciate any readouts on this...
As footwell and center vents temperature is indicated as 0 *C and interiot temperature is steady 27 *C. Faulty module? Might be... This is per design by VW? Also possible...