Mixing unleaded with Diesel in 2012 Jetta TDI

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
I've drained out gas and diesel mix's in Cummin's and Dmax's with no ill effects, one Dmax showed up the other day where it ran all night on the mix. Based on the smell, it was at least 50%. I drained it and threw it into my Van, :p The first Dmax I drained was 2 years ago from the same company, don't ask, and still going strong. It probably runs 14 hour days, 7 days a week.

The fuel I drained out the other day, I now run in my TDI with Jet fuel and diesel. :p

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Again, we're comparing apples to oranges.

The OP is asking the question with regard to his 2012 CR VW TDI.

I know it's too late, but any and all fuel discussions should be specific to pre and post CR TDIs.

Sweetmeat

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
This is the OP.

I was cleaning out my inbox and ran into an email and thought I'd check out the thread since I haven't been following it.

Contrary to popular belief amongst several posters, I am a dude :D

Anyhow, just thought I'd share a little more about the experience. I ended up trading the TDI Jetta in around Oct. 2014, and I think it had around 55K miles on it. I don't know how many miles I had on it when I made my mistake, but based on the post date and knowing my purchase date, I'm guessing I had 5 - 10k miles on it.

After having the tank drained and the fuel filter replaced, I never experienced any issues. I was extremely lucky and I counted my lucky stars each time I filled up.

That was my first Diesel vehicle, and I didn't know there wasn't a standard on the pump color. I assumed there was a standard since I had only went to a handful of gas stations and they all had green handles.

I did learn from my mistake, and I never even came close to putting in the wrong type of fuel again - thanks to recommendations by posters on this site and others. I got my receipt every single time, and before I got in my car to start, I double and triple checked it to make damn sure it said "Diesel". Even when the receipt wouldn't print outside, I'd force myself to go inside and get it just so I would not have the same issue again.

Good luck to others who may have made the same mistake as I did.

akjdouglass

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/premium (sold to VW); 2014 Jetta Value Edition; 2015 Jetta SEL; 2003 Jetta GL
Lol... a

Contrary to popular belief amongst several posters, I am a dude :D

"she walked up to me and she asked me to dance. I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said Lola, L-O-L-A Lola"

Last edited: