2010 Golf Wagen Timing Belt Replacement

PWilly

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon
I have a 2010 Golf Sportwagen just coming up to the 150,000km mark, and want to check on timing belt replacement interval. The Owners Manual suggests replacement at 180,000km, but it was suggested that the replacement should be done sooner in harsher environments. I live in Nova Scotia, and am curious if this qualifies as a "harsher environment"? Should I replace it at 150, or wait until 180?

acrossthepond

Veteran Member
TDI
several now 2016 Mk7 Golf GTD DSG
Personally if thats the kind of mileage ( 150K in two years ) you are continuing to do I'd change at the suggested earlier interval.
As at the rate you're burning the miles timewise you'll be there soon anyway.

At least you would have piece of mind and maybe some goodwill from VWOA if things did go pear shape from a belt failure.
I'd also get the waterpump renewed at the same time for the relatively small additional cost whilst it stripped down.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
I have seen various replacement intervals for CR engines. Different sources specify different intervals in ranges from 180k km up to 210k km. The latter one is probably for 1.6 TDI, though. I probably wouldn't do it sooner than the manual specifies. I'd wait to 200k instead.

soulflyer

TDI
Sold: 2010 GSW Highline DSG
The Canadian Manual states that the belt needs to be replaced after 180k km. Just did it and since it was DSG oil change time it turned out to be 1300CAD incl tx....