What did you do to your car today?

Gearhead51

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Ok.. Ok.. I've seen this thread forever, but never commented.

I put in a B&M Short shifter. It's pretty cool and very ergo.
Rotated the R8 Reps.
Helicoiled the dogbone mount that the PO stripped out and rigged.

xbiker423

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GL
Front and rear fogs, Euroswitch, and cleaned up the wiring for my headlights (and new fogs!) in the engine bay (not done with that, though). And I found out that my lower tails were both burned out, so I replaced them.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Peter ,

I recently installed the ATE Rotors , and Akebono pads . I'm very pleased with the performance , low dust , nice set up .

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
I didn't do it, but I had IBW detailed yesterday. I haven't picked it up yet but the shop sent pictures.

Not bad for 200K+.
Your car looks great Peter. I've been a little neglective with my 2002 Golf allowing the "local car wash" to perform the "WORKS" for $5.00 heavily discounted by the coupon in the Value Shopper originally for $13.00 The car looks good after the underwash, wheels and misc perks added to the 1 minute pull through of automation at its best.

On the other hand, thanks for the recent shipments of stuff.

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Jumped in the Golf and headed to the mountains. Got a foot of snow lately! Too bad it turned to rain late in the afternoon. Still good skiing this late in the season.

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I finally liberated my trunk from the ill-fitting Phatnoise, though that doesn't look quite like it used to. In fact, it's pretty much shed it's entire case just to get it to fit within the door, which has been flopped open so long, I had to force it back into the proper closed position. I'm sure I'll make some sort of casing for it down the road, but as for now; I'm just glad to have my full trunk back. :D

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
ha ha, I cut off the big hoops on the phatnoise as soon as I got it. and it is stuffed in the side above the amp, cushioned with rags

Kombifahrer

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon
Intake Manifold Cleaning/Anti Shudder Fix

While doing the intake manifold cleaning over the weekend, I had to come up with a fix for a common problem.

Superglued splints, safety wire, and hot glue.

BeforeN'after

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
TDikook said:
ha ha, I cut off the big hoops on the phatnoise as soon as I got it. and it is stuffed in the side above the amp, cushioned with rags
I'll have to get some (embarrassing) pix up soon, of my nekkid Phatty. Innitially, I was going to use the housing from an old Kenwood unit & remount it 90 degrees off the orifinal orientation, but even that wouldn't fit in the bracket. We ended up making an aluminum bracket & mounting the whole ball'o'wax off the diagonal strap directly above the amp. I may still use the inner housing off the Kenwood, just for a bit more protection. Time will tell, but I sure am glad to have my trunk back.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I replaced the front rotors, they were a little warped after several track days. And I packed the car for my drive to FL tomorrow. Leaving at 3:00 AM or thereabouts. BTW, checked the oil and it was still right at the top after 3K of highway since the last check.

KROUT

persona non grata
enjoy that 2 day drive. I look forward to meeting you in person. I hope you at least plan a few days in the florida sun although its been raining like hell the last 2 days.

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
No today but last weekend and no to my car but to my larger diesel.
I had a professional( www.customlightz.com ) to do a honda S2000 projector retrofit in to my truck.
he used BMW projector shrounds.
im too used to my OEM HID's on my car so every time I got off my car and in to my truck was like day and night with the crappy truck old style headlights.
Now the lights on the truck are better than my OEM HID on the car:eek:
here are the pictures:

this is the the room he had to work with

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Holy Crap Delvi...That's quite change. How are we going to fit that on the Dyno next fall?:D

That's a beautiful looking tractor and those headlight look great. Now I can finally have someone bring me a load of Syndiesel!!

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
Sootman said:
Holy Crap Delvi...That's quite change. How are we going to fit that on the Dyno next fall?:D
Worse. Delvi still isn't capable of resizing his pics. LOL:D

delvi,

Glad to see you're sooo busy and in a new line of business. Great lighting. Must be a slight change driving a tractor.

Best to you.

BrianCT

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
Sootman said:
That's a beautiful looking tractor and those headlight look great. Now I can finally have someone bring me a load of Syndiesel!!
Hi Steve, hey it takes 300 gallons total, that may cost some$$$$$$$$$ to fill up with syndiesel:D

the dealer put it on the dyno and they say that it has 500 hp but they did not show me the sheet:(

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
BrianCT said:
Worse. Delvi still isn't capable of resizing his pics. LOL:D

delvi,

Glad to see you're sooo busy and in a new line of business. Great lighting. Must be a slight change driving a tractor.

Best to you.

BrianCT
Thankyou Brian, you are right resizing pictures is not my best area:eek:

ps you are right about the busy part, no time for the keyboard anymore:eek:

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Very nice Delvi...although I'm thinking a quad bi-xenon retrofit would have been even better.
Too bad there wasn't more space, you'd think there would be on a Kenworth. :cool:

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
TDICADDGUY said:
Very nice Delvi...although I'm thinking a quad bi-xenon retrofit would have been even better.
Too bad there wasn't more space, you'd think there would be on a Kenworth. :cool:
I know, I really wanted TL's(bi-xenon) but no room, and on the high beam area there is a bracket on the back that does not allow any projector to fit at all.

4 TL projectors would be nice:D

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
I drove it today, I was gonna wash it, but the weather is crappy. BUT I paid off my Golf today. it is MINE free and clear!!!!!!! WOO HOO

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
TDikook said:
I paid off my Golf today. it is MINE free and clear!!!!!!! WOO HOO
It is always a red-letter day when the final payment has been made. I paid off my previous car in 1990 and drove it for another 13 years. My Golf was paid off last summer, and it would be great to get another 13 years of service from it -- without payments.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
TornadoRed said:
......My Golf was paid off last summer, and it would be great to get another 13 years of service from it -- without payments.
I made my last payment in Septembre 2007. I figured that as long as the car does not cost me more in repairs per month then a new car payment it will be worth owning. What worried me is down time, like last Decembre and a rack'n pinion leaking a litre of PS fluide every 20 miles.:( That killed me. The upside was replacing it with an Audi TT Quick Ratio Rack, brand new - not a rebuilt with tie rods attached [long rack] for under USD$400.00 when all the local dealerships wanted USD$850 for a short rebuilt VAG rack [no tierod ends]. Evidently VAG doesn't offer any new racks for some time now. All their over the counter stock is china refabs.:(

I'm getting off track. The upside to owning a car paid off is an ability to cross ones fingers while using these resources off the tdiclub as a safety net.

Dunno, if this makes cents ...ummm sense.

BrianCT

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
yeah, the other drawback is the freed up expenses to mod my Golf more now., Lets hope the mod bug is cheaper than my payments

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
BrianCT said:
What worried me is down time, like last Decembre and a rack'n pinion leaking a litre of PS fluide every 20 miles.:( That killed me.
For future reference: if the rack is already leaking, then it won't do any more damage to use bulk AT fluid at $1 or $2/quart, instead of PS fluid at $2+ for a 12-oz can.

I would absolutely NOT recommend using AT fluid unless you already know you need a new rack. But a previous car I owned needed a new rack, the mechanic quoted me $600 or more, too much for such an old/high mileage car. But a few quarts of AT fluid each month kept it going for another couple years.

KROUT

persona non grata
tinted my front windshield on my jetta with a 50% film. Looks good. Tomorrow I will put a double 5% 8 inch front strip on it.